Thread: "Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-only"

"Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-only"

I have got a WSUS clients that is not reporting back to the server, when I checked in the WindowsUpdate.log then I got "Can not perform non interactive scan if AU is interactive-only" message? I am able to see in GPresult that the right info is there and in the Windows Update log it shows the server and group membership? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: "Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-only"

I think that something is not configured properly or the WUAgent will not be hesitating at performing the scan. Incase this is a 32bit machine then you will need to run the Client Diagnostic Tool and post the results or you can also try to restart the Automatic Updats service and post the log entries from WindowsUpdate.log for the Service Startup activities.

Re: "Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-onl

After I did some fooling around it seems to be a policy I am pushing which is turning off AU. So the question is taking the 4 choices like - Automatic, Download and let me choose, Notify but dont install or Turn off? Can anyone tell me what do I need for my domain policy specifying, incase I want it to be invisible to the end user. I want to put it on Automatic but I want to specify deployment times on the WSUS server and not the client.

Re: "Can not perform non-interactive scan if AU is interactive-onl

To fix this issue you need to remove the said machine from the security filtering of the group policy object and add Authenticated Users. After that GPUpdate /force on the client machines resulted immediately in the machines checking in and the count of machines not checking into drop drastically.