Thread: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM

Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM

Kingston is a leading RAM manufacturer in the market offering RAM sticks from basic to high end level. Kingston also specializes in SSDs and flash memory chips. Good amount of RAM is an essential requirement for servers and gaming pc. And buying the right one is another important aspect. At the time of upgrade or buying a new RAM I had seen that people do not emphasize much on the RAM quality. They are just happy with the size. But here we are missing a lot of things when we ignore a reputed brand. For example Kingston HyperX series. Kingston offers a variety of RAM models under HyperX which are ideal for all kind of system. Extreme users still have lots of choices for buying high end and reliable memory module. This are all lab tested RAM and Kingston is confident to give you life time warranty on it. So if you are in the market looking for a high end RAM kits you can blindly go for Kingston. Today we are going to test Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB DDR3 RAM kit. We got 2 pair of 8GB RAM which belongs to the Predator series. This series has 3 primary models. They are H2O, Predator and Beast. H2O is designed to stay cooler on long usage. It has smart cooling design elements that keep the RAM chips cooler on long run. Predator is meant for extreme performance. It offers you 2800 MHz speed which delivers ultra high output. And the last one is Beast which is a kind of mixture of both.

This RAM is ideal for overclocking. It has a unique design that keeps it cooler on high usage. It is XMP certified and designed for high end gaming purpose. You can get maximum upto 2400 MHz frequency on this. We are going to test Kingston HyperX Beast today. It is unique in terms of look and performance. Kingston offers 8GB, 16GB & 64GB kit on this. The cost of this RAM lies around Rs.18700 approx. This makes it a very costly product, but ideal for extreme usage where performance is not compromised at any cost. No doubt Kingston proves to be the best RAM manufacturer.

Features:
    • Dual and Quad Channel Models
    • Capacity Upto 64GB (8GB/16GB/64GB)
    • Upto 2400Mhz Speed
    • 1.5V & 1.65 V operating voltages enable stable overclocking
    • Compatible with Intel XMP auto-overclocking function
    • Designed to work with P55, H67, P67, Z68, H61 (AG), X79 and Z77 Intel chipsets; as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 (Fusion) AMD chipsets
    • Carefully selected premium chips for maximum performance and overclockability
    • Vicious black heat spreader with matching black PCB
    • 100-percent factory tested

Specification:
    • Capacities - 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB in kits of 2, 4 and 8
    • Frequency speed 1600MHz–2400MHz
    • Operating temperature 0°C to 85°C
    • Storage temperature -55°C to 100°C
    • Dimensions 132mm x 41.4mm
    • DDR3 only
    • Available in a variety of CAS latencies
    • Voltage 1.5V–1.65V

Packaging:

Below you can see the package details of Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB RAM kit. The product model is KHX21C11T3K2/16X. It comes packed nicely in a thin plastic cover powered by Kingston HyperX sticker for your pc. Both the RAM kits carried life time warranty. You can get it replaced anytime whenever you find this are not working well. Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB has a serious look. It is thick and a bit heavy due to the thermal element design.

Kingston HyperX Beast
    Kingston HyperX Beast

Re: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM

Design:

Messing around with RAM specs is difficult for everyone unless and until you are a pro overclocker. They know well the limit of hardware. If you are a gamer and love to keep your system updated always with the best product then Kingston HyperX Beast is an ideal solution. The product that we had tested offered us satisfactory output. You have to worry less about the clock rate, or latency when you are using Kingston Beast. Things are well optimized to deliver you the best output. We had tested Beast KHX21C11T3K2/16X DRAM kit. A pair of 8GB RAM @ 2400 MHz each. In terms of look HyperX Beast is unique. A complete black body that is made up of maximum thermal dissipation elements, allowing the RAM to stay cooler while overclocking or on extreme usage.

Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB

The RAM kit supports XMP profile. Black heat spreader over the body lets the RAM to stay cooler when you are processing a high amount of data. There is very less chance of bottleneck. All you need is a right system for it. If you are using this RAM on an old pc then you might not be able to utilize its maximum potential.

Performance:

After adding this 16GB RAM on my pc I was able to play games at higher resolution. I was using Kingston HyperX Blue previously. Those were also good for gaming, but after adding HyperX Beast the system output was much better. On a 64bit system you will able to use the entire physical memory. The RAM by default ran on 667.3 MHz which I think is the optimal startup point. And you can simply push that upto 2400Mhz. Below you can see an image of the benchmarking test. The test show you the memory copy, memory read, memory write and latency speed. This looks impressive. It will boost your gaming output and also help you to go ahead with high overclocking. System performance is quite smoother once you have this sticks installed in your system. Being a high end RAM surely the cost is high, but these kits are value for money product. To push my system more I had installed multiple virtual machine on my pc. At one side I tested Mac and on the other Windows 8.1. Things went really fine after allotting 2GB RAM to each of them. From no angle I found that Kingston is overcharging. There are some other brands which are cheaper, and have a bit similar features, but I am not really sure about the output. There are various benchmarking test already provided on the web which shows Kingston HyperX Beast a leading performer.

Test Machine:
    • CPU Cabinet - Corsair Graphite 600T Cabinet
    • Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (LGA 1155)
    • RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast RAM (8x8)2400Mhz
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF
    • Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB
    • Hard Drive – Western Digital 3TB + WD 160GB Internal Hard Drive
    • PSU – Antec NeoEco 650 Watt

Conclusion:

RAM is an important part of your system. And when you are building a high end machine then choosing the right hardware matters a lot. Kingston HyperX Beast KHX21C11T3K2/16X 16GB is ideal for 64bit systems. You can use it on a server or a regular gaming pc. The output is very good. Impressive design makes the RAM more efficient in usage. Heat spreader element on the body lets the RAM work nicely on high temperature and at a constant ratio. We have ample of great boards in the market which are capable of giving you high RAM support. A 16GB RAM kit of Kingston HyperX beast cost Rs.18700 approx. This is a very costly upgrade but reliable for long run. I found this RAM kits as one of the fastest RAM modules available till date. Still here you have various choices. You can go with lower series of Kingston if you do not really need so much power. You can check out the other product line on its official website.

Pros

• Smart Heat Control Design
    • Extreme Performance
    • Ideal for Overclocking

Cons
    • Costly upgrade