Thread: TAG-USB-400 USB Headphone

TAG-USB-400 USB Headphone

USB headphones compare to the regular 3.5 (Analog) are far more superior and better. The reason lies with internal audio processor. This audio chip controls the sound quality and does not rely on your onboard sound card. Superior sound, high audio and amazing beats are prime aspect of a USB headphone. These ideal features are well molded in TAG USB 400 USB Headphone. A budget headphone, but still capable of giving you loud and clean sound. The bass quality lies in center. On the rating chart of 1 to 5, I will rate TAG USB 400 USB Headphone 2.5 for Bass, 4 for clean audio and 4.5 for loud sound. Every beat is clear and crisp and it has a very loud volume output. One of the common issues when you are listening at maximum volume is disturbance in audio. This is because the headphone is not able to maintain the sound quality. And you get irritated very early. After testing TAG USB 400 USB Headphone I found it very impressive. I will consider this as one of the best budget headphone. The cost marked officially on box is Rs.1200 while Flipkart is selling it for Rs.857. It has great look, soft fabric covered headphone and ear closed speakers. From no angle the outside voice is going to disturb you at the time of watching movies or enjoying your favorite music.

USB port adds more power. The sound level is very high here. It is not possible to listen music on full audio. But at reasonable audio level the quality is impressive. It does not have any audio enhancement. That means boosting the bass and beat quality. It is a simple headphone with loud sound. You can use different audio player software to get great output from it. You can notice the difference when you apply different audio enhancement settings like SRS Wow effect or a Theater sound quality.

Specification:
    • Mic Dimensions: 6.0 X 5.0mm
    • Sensitivity: -54dB ± 3dB
    • Directivity: Omni directional
    • Impedance: ≤2.2K Omega
    • Driver Diameter 40.0mm
    • Impedance: 32 Ohm
    • Frequency response: 20~20 KHz
    • Sensitivity (S.P.L): 115dB ± 3dB
    • Input plug: USB
    • Cord Length: Approx 2 meter

Design:

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone has a good look. It features a low flashy but durable deign. The body is made from rich and thick plastic element which makes it a bit strong compare to other similar models. This also makes it a bit heavy. Instead of rough it has a bit smooth finish over the body and from no angle it looks a cheap model. Black and red color combination fits well on it. It has soft fabric used over the ear cups and headband which offer long hours of usage. It is comfortable to use. On the body there are not light available.

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone features 40mm audio driver. This is commonly used in many big size headphones. But they do not offer the kind of sound quality which I found on this one. I had recently tested some budget headphone which has the same specs, but they have a low volume output. This headphone not only has an high volume, but it also maintain the audio quality. Clean audio is what you will surely enjoy on this. The ear cup as you can see has soft fabric. They are prefect to cover your entire ear and long lasting usage. There is a nice gap inside and the cover blocks all noise from outside. It does not matter whether you are watching your favorite movie in your living room or just enjoying music, this headphone has an impressive design which blocks the background noise. At high volume you will not able to listen anything around you.

Re: TAG-USB-400 Headphone

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone Driver

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone

A soft fabric is coated over the entire headphone. That is both on the top and bottom. In other headphone I had seen a small portion is placed at the bottom side. Other part remains exposed. But in TAG USB 400 USB Headphone the full headband is covered leaving no visible part of pal sic body. It has simple adjustment level. It is smooth when you push the band on the upside. Decent height level is provided which make it comfortable for all.

TAG USB 400 USB Headband

TAG USB 400 USB Headband

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone comes with Mic. This fulfills your chatting needs. Mic is placed on the left side hooked on the outer part of left ear cup. It remains exposed outside. Mic features the regular title design. You can push it upward when not in use. The audio recording through mic is decent. I will not say it is great, but good enough to chat with your friends. It is a regular mic which does not feature noise cancellation. The placement looks perfect to me. Many mic are very close to your mouth, and when you talk the audio remains unclear due to constant air that come out while talking.

Re: TAG-USB-400 Headphone

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone Mic

It has a 2 meter long cable. The headphone features an usb 2.0 port. The usage is limited here. You can only use this on pc. The headphone also has an audio control panel in center through which you can mute the mic/audio and make simple volume adjustment. The overall design of TAG USB 400 USB Headphone is very good in terms of budget headphone. The build material is very good and has durable features also. TAG kept it simple. Non glossy finish might not make it attractive but in terms of usage it is very nice.

TAG USB 400 USB Headphone Wire

After using this for hours I am satisfied with the audio output. At first when I saw this headphone I thought it will be costly. TAG USB 400 USB Headphone remains my first choice below Rs.1000. I had seen a set of other models also under the same range, but no one can beat the audio level of TAG USB 400 USB Headphone. This headphone is an ideal choice for watching movies and for music. But as I said this is an usb headphone. That means you can only use it on your laptop and on devices which support usb audio. It will not work on other 3.5mm audio jack. It is hard to get this much amount of audio on 3.5mm audio port. This is because headphone which has this connection relies on your pc/mobile sound chip. They only act as a model to transfer audio. But usb headphone like TAG USB 400 USB Headphone has an internal sound chip. That boosts the audio and offers you great sound.

Conclusion :

No doubt TAG USB 400 USB Headphone is a good choice under Rs.1000. If you are going for a new headphone and need something cheaper, then it is always better to add a bit more money and buy TAG USB 400 USB. You can even listen to audio clearly if you are not wearing it. Just set it on full volume. TAG USB 400 USB has a great design and great sound quality. It is a perfect match for music and movies. Due to usb port the audio is much better. As this port is not commonly found in portable devices we cannot use it on mobile and tablet. Using them through usb to 3.5mm audio connector will not help much. It only works perfectly with pc/laptop usb port. Sound processing is impressive. At a decent audio you will surely enjoy movies on the same. What I recommend is to use good music player software. That can boost the bass quality from software level. There are many. Or you can just enable SRS WOW from Windows Media Player and set Dolby Digital settings to Theater. That’s all. TAG USB 400 USB will give you amazing audio quality over even costly headphones in the market. TAG USB 400 USB is a fair full size headphone winner under the budget below Rs.1000.

Pros
    • Great Sound Quality.
    • Good Durable Design.
    • Value for money product.

Cons
    • Average Mic