Thread: Tag 720P PRO HD Web Camera

Tag 720P PRO HD Web Camera

TAG 720P PRO HD Web Camera follows the pro series of camera line by TAG. The web cam features a simple design and easy to use feature. Being a plug and play device you just have to connect it on your pc and start using it. It is also portable and has a long USB wire that adds more comfort while using. TAG 720P PRO HD Webcam delivers a standard video output. Marked as PRO HD, still the video output depends on the room light. To get a nice output there must be proper light available or else video will be dark. I found TAG 720P PRO HD a simple camera. This small size camera produce good resolution but the output quality is not so great. Here when we talk about PRO HD then we can expect a good resolution video that can deliver clear images. But parts are more blurred out. I tested a set of different software on it and found that when you are trying to stream a video on maximum resolution the camera produces a bit poor quality video. But if the same is done on small window size, then the output is great. It is a plug and play camera that does not require any additional software to work. Just connect it to your pc and use it like a video device.

For zooming it provides a decent 4x digital zoom which is enough for day to day usage. This does not really put great effect, but still having a zoom feature can help to bring distant images near. Tag 720P PRO HD webcam is a high fps video camera. That means your video will be smooth and less laggy. It offers you upto 30fps on video which is impressive. The maximum resolution it covers is 1280x720 which is enough to fill up an 18inch monitor.

TAG 720P PRO HD  Webcam

Features:
    • Plug & Play
    • 4x Digital Zoom
    • 30 FPS
    • 1280x720 Max Resolution
    • CMOS Sensor
    • Built in Microphone

Tag 720P PRO HD webcam costs around Rs.1250 as mentioned on the box. I found this a bit pricy because I already have tons of alternatives on web. The benefit of having this camera is that you are getting a 720P video resolution at budget price. I was hoping TAG to make it better by giving some software with it. Using the camera with third party software will affect the video quality. Major brands like Logitech, Creative, HP, gives you an optimized camera. This camera even after being having a low resolution lens is capable of giving out a processed image which is clear and crisp. This thing severely lacks in TAG 7520 PRO HD web cam. If I go on web and look for camera that comes in the same price range I can find a huge range of impressive models. Keeping that aside lets checkout this webcam in more detail and at the end it will be better to conclude whether it is a worth a product or not.

TAG 720P PRO HD  Webcam

Re: Tag 720P PRO HD Web Camera

In terms of look you can see in the image samples. It is a simple camera that has a clip mount at the bottom. This mount helps the camera to fit well on desktop and laptop monitors. And if you want you can place it on your desk also. It has a low profile design. The simple black and red color combination makes it less flashy. It just looks like a simple web camera. It has a standard size. I think it is around 1.5 meter long. It is enough to use the camera on laptop and have some space in between. The simple design and easy mount panel at the bottom adds flexibility in using it. You can hook it nicely on the top of your screen monitor and adjust it for usage. The web camera can be tilted towards down and up to get a proper central focus. On the body there are no buttons.

TAG 720P PRO HD  Webcam Cable Length

MIC is placed on the right side which is capable of providing clear audio from distance. But not from really far. I am talking about the standard distance which lies between you and your pc. You can chat through the mic. It is a regular mic which does not feature noise cancellation support. This feature is commonly adopted in many low end web cameras. Noise cancellation mic allows you to deliver a clear audio quality minimizing the background effect. Tag 720P PRO HD web looks like a simple camera to me. I was expecting a lot from the video output, because of HD feature. I had used a few cameras from HP and Logitech where I was happy with the video quality. Video output of TAG 720P Pro HD would be better if there was a light provided on it. This is a smart way of fixing up dark images which is commonly used in many low end cameras. An added led light allows brighter videos. I had captured a few set of images which are below. This are taken on a regular room where there is ample of light around. But still I can see dark images.

Tag 720P PRO HD Webcam Sample Images:

TAG 720P PRO HD  Sample image

Re: Tag 720P PRO HD Web Camera

Under the price range of Rs.1,200 Tag 720P PRO HD has a very stiff competition from others. I am able to locate some really impressive models. The difference lies with HD output. Other camera gives upto 8MP. The lowest one among all is TAG 8 MP Webcam that comes for Rs.350. A very cheap and reasonable web camera for those who need a video device for simple chatting. It has an impressive design and gives you 3MP for video and 8MP for images. The second model which is reasonable is Creative Live that comes for Rs.900. Creative is a good brand and is already popular for its sound devices. This camera offers you a HD resolution design similar to Tag 720P. The last two models which really catch my attention is Logitech HD Webcam C720 (Rs.1130) & HP HD-3100 Webcam (Rs.1300). The first one gives a 3MP camera with 30fps and HD resolution support and the second one offers 5MP camera with HD resolution output. So here we already have many models that make a hard decision to buy Tag 720P PRO HD. It is a good choice only if the price is bit low. I had seen TAG already offering cheaper webcam with impressive design and similar features.

Tag 720P PRO HD Clip mount design

Conclusion:

Tag 720P PRO HD is a costly camera according to me. It does not fully satisfy me in terms of video quality. It remains to be reasonable with its simplicity but at Rs.1,250 it is pricy. I would prefer to go with HP HD-3100 that lies in the similar range offering more features. Tag 720P PRO HD webcam can impress you if you are using very good quality webcam software. A tool that can add more light to the videos and offer you continues streaming. I had tested this on Skype and yahoo messenger where the person on the other side was not able view me clearly.

Pros:
    • HD Web camera
    • Long Cable
    • Simple Design

Cons:
    • Poor Video Output
    • Overpriced