Thread: NashWall Virus Proofer

NashWall Virus Proofer

Every day new threats emerged causing more risk to data and potential users. Each year we get more scary threat statistic. That means along with the technology, threats also advances. More vulnerability can harm your system and cause data loss. This pressurizes security companies to work harder and generate more unique security solution. Today we are surrounded by tons of security applications. Each of them provides different features along with virus protection. Using an antivirus is a long habit that adds peace of mind. Asia has the largest population of internet users. If you check the latest threat report on the web, you will find that countries in Asia are more vulnerable compare to others. We are not at very high risk, but being a huge popular using internet, we are the most targeted. In this article we are going to discuss on another unique security solution called as Nashwall Virus Proofer. At start I was not able to satisfy myself about this new security application. Because from long time I am using an antivirus and I believe in having a virus scan database that can catch threats and stop them. Most of the antivirus is powered by a virus engine.

The maintain or use others database which has all information about a virus. The antivirus software matches the information with files that are in your system and delete or block a malicious code. This is the most common way staying safer. But what if you have an option to block access to each and every thing entering in your system. Nashwall Virus Proofer allows you to do that. For new users this thing is very complicated to understand and manage. But for advance, it will be easy. The only problem here is that to use it you have to remove your existing antivirus. And NashWall Virus Proofer is not actually an antivirus, it is just close all doors to your system. IT does not have any virus database of scanning engine that can remove threats which are already inside your system. If this tool works with any other existing antivirus, then it can really help. The application comes with a remote desktop support. So you must have an internet connection. The people on other side also optimize your system if you want. Like doing the msconfig thing, cleaning startup, cleaning temp, etc.

NashWall Virus Proofer Scan Screen

Re: NashWall Fire Proofer

Due to remote desktop support you can simply contact them instantly. Virus Proofer is actually a new concept here. In an antivirus you install a real time scanning application which keeps an eye on files and applications. Anything which is founded as suspicious will be either deleted or quarantine. The better antivirus you have, the better protection you will get. In a Virus Proofer you have an option to isolate your pc completely from those threats. That means nothing can enter your system and nothing can go out. Also once it is working you cannot install anything, download does not works, etc. Nashwall Virus Proofer is designed to keep your pc intact on current state. It is like freezing everything.

NashWall Fire Proofer Home Screen

The entire setup is around 16MB which was really surprising. The interface is also quiet outdated here. That is another reason you might feel it complicated to use. It is designed for serious people who require securing their pc. According to me this application is great for those whose systems are only used for work purpose. If you are geek, or gamer, and keeps on downloading or testing new things, then it will annoy you. Because if you try to run any setup it will give you write fail error. Another issue is that your existing antivirus will marked it as a threat. Due to which it is necessary that you must first uninstall your existing antivirus to use it.

NashWall Fire Proofer Scann Option

Nashwall Virus Proofer usually relies on you to keep your system secure. That means if you enable it, nothing is going to enter your system. No setup, no files, no updates, nothing. But when you allow there are chances that threat might enter. As there is no antivirus, so it will be not detected. After turning it on back, the virus proofer blocks all access to outside. It means if a threat is in your system it will not multiple or spread more. Nashwall Virus Proofer works on a simple concept of securing your pc. It is just like keeping a guard in front of house. Who does not allow anyone to enter unless you confirm. But to some extent I found it incomplete. It would be more powerful if there is an integrated antivirus in it. Also there are tons of manual configurations. Like if you want Windows Update to work you have to manually allow it from the settings. That is the reason I do not really recommend this for everyone. Because after installation you might some issue which you are unable to describe.

Those who are techie enough to understand the concept of port blocking, using remote desktop, etc can manage to work with it. This is something new and will take time to make its place. Nashwall Virus Proofer works on only one concept. An antivirus here catches only those threats which are in its database. But new threats pass out easily. Here Nashwall Virus Proofer is capable of isolating your system from external threats. It not only stops also does not allow them to expand. But it will remove or quarantine them. Once it is installed you are completely relied on it. Anytime you turn it off, your system becomes vulnerable. Right now I would love to stick with a good internet solution package. The only reason that I do not have to mess with manual configuration here.

Conclusion:

The single user pack of NashWall Virus Proofer comes for Rs.695 ($15). Multiple user pack is also available. It virus proof your system by blocking all unwanted services and ports in the background. It is effective against external threats. Like virus from a pen drive or optical drive. A major drawback here is that you will have to remove your existing antivirus to use it. That makes the system more vulnerable when you are stopping Nashwall to work on installation and setup of new applications. Optimization is not great here. It is just stopping unwanted stuff that loads on boot. We are from long time practicing the msconfig thing. In terms of optimization Nashwall Virus Proofer does not provide you much help. It has active remote desktop support through which you can get help from Nashwall anytime.

Pros:
    • Blocks all kinds of threats
    • Protect infection from usb and optical drive
    • Active Remote Desktop support

Cons:
    • Does not work with any antivirus
    • Outdated UI
    • Complicated to use.