Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Laptop

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Laptop

After the X300, X100 and X200 Series Lenovo ThinkPad shows now the X1. What the press often compared with the Apple Macbook Air was turned out to be already in our unboxing rather as a counterpart to the larger 13-inch MacBook Pro series. With the latest Intel hardware Sandy Bridge, gorilla-crystal display and UMTS module Lenovo India launched Thinkpad X1. The prices starts from Rs. 90,000 onwards. An ultra thin laptop by Lenovo to compete simply Macbook Air. The X1 with a screen size of 13.3 inches is in many ways, Lenovo's answer to the MacBook Air . But the X1, that angular and much more efficient than its counterpart is heavier, it is also beyond the Apple -comparison due to its performance in those business customers points that are looking for a robust, slim and portable computers.

With Lenovo's business model, there are a number of features which are first found in the ThinkPad series, including a bright, 13.3-inch display from gorilla glass from Corning. When battery charging and management system is Lenovo's rapid charge technology used, can be recharged with the help of a flat battery within 30 minutes up to 80 percent. In my practice test in which I drew on the lightweight auxiliary battery, I could do during my flight from San Francisco to Atlanta (about 7 hours without power) all the way from my X1 use. During this time I have read e-mails, access to an external hard drive and I made notes. The energy profile was adjusted to offset ", which meant that dims the display after five minutes and after 30 minutes of a button or pressing the mouse of the energy saving mode is activated.

Specs at Glace
    • Up to 2nd generation Intel Core i5
    • Up to Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    • Lenovo Enhanced Experience 2.0 for Windows 7, with optional RapidDrive
    • Starting at 3.7 pounds
    • Up to 10 hours with slice battery
    • 13.3" HD SuperBright LCD
    • Up to 8GB integrated DDR3 SDRAM
    • Up to 160GB SSD (optional 320GB HDD)

Features: Less weight to lug, less time to charge. A lot less to worry about when it comes to tough work on the road. The ThinkPad X1 is no-compromise and all business
    • Lenovo RapidCharge to charge battery to 80 percent in 30 minutes
    • Carbon-fibre rollcage, spill-resistant keyboard, tough Corning Gorilla Glass
    • MILSPEC-level rugged, yet thinner than the diameter of a penny
    • Quality VoIP with HD camera/mic and noise/echo cancellation
    • Backlit keyboard
    • USB 3.0 and HDMI
    • Dolby Home Theatre and SuperBright LCD screen

re: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Laptop

Design

Although the X1 in terms of weight loss cannot compete with the MacBook Air, his or her inner values among users who use their laptop primarily for business to convince. Under the hood of my test unit performed an Intel Core i5 processor of the second generation of its work with only moderate heat. (The X1 is also compatible with the i7, the MacBook Air, however, can be fitted up with an Intel Core Duo.). The X1 has a standard 4 GB of DDR3 memory on board. (The X1 can be equipped with up to 8 GB of memory, while closing the MacBook Air already at 2 GB.) Concern in almost all categories, the computing power, storage capacity and performance, the X1 has the edge.

Now, if already the talk is of business notebooks - longtime ThinkPad users should be taken to make a surprise on Lenovo experimenting with design elements. And the results of these experiments provide many a frown. So far, the design, the ThinkPad series, which already has assumed cult status, priority attention to technology and performance, playful design elements were hardly any. When X1 is the focus on technology and performance remain significant, however, is in conflict with the front tapered case, which led to some of the connections were covered with screens, also the speakers are now hidden at the top of the keyboard.

A concession to the design - are the keys of the X1 in the Chiclets-style instead of the ThinkPad standard, classic beveled buttons. It taps her comfortable with the new keyboard and it is fitted in well with the X1 package. Business applications ran smoothly on the X1 - this also applies to applications from other areas, such as the reputation of on-demand video from an online video store.

Connectivity

Most ports are located at the rear of the X1. With the ThinkPad typical hinge mechanism, most of these connections are easily accessible, even when flipped lid. Overall, the device has three USB ports (one USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0), a mini-display port, one RJ45, an eSATA port (the port is also one of the USB 2.0 ports on the external devices can be supplied with electricity) and a 4-in-1 card reader available.

Thinkpad X1 also enjoys full connectivity, including USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA Combo, Mini DisplayPort output and HDMI 1.4, Wi-Fi N, Bluetooth 3.0 and an optional 3G modem. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 us stand next to the keyboard, the trackpoint and a mandatory click-pad is available. The latter is based on the technology introduced by Apple, which transforms the entire pad into a mechanical key. For visual orientation but two areas for the left and right mouse buttons are selected. The boundaries of the pads are good but by a plastic coating made of the rubberized palm rest clear. At the same time it is a few millimeters in the case admitted. Our test model, the X1 came with a defective multi-touch pad in the office, so we cannot make any statements about the functionality.

Subnotebook

The word subnotebook will not obtain without the words WLAN and Bluetooth in the mouth. Both standards are supported by the ThinkPad X1. Far away from these two methods, we can also - as you can already have the SIM slot - accessed from the mobile network (UMTS, 3G) to the Internet. A nice feature, which should include not only the fingerprint reader to the basic equipment of commercial customers.

Apparently there are problems with IBM to optimize the Intel SpeedStep technology, which allows the shutdown of the processor clocks mounted in situations in order to achieve a longer battery life. Even in idle mode when the power saving options turns the used Intel Core i5 always back up to its full clock speed. Whether we will have caught a Monday device can be determined only at a comparison with a second, expected test device.

re: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Laptop

Battery

It seems that the most important of this laptop is that you cannot change the battery. This is a kind of game with other laptops to make this a bit popular. There is an issue of not being able to change the battery unless you take it in for servicing. The main reason that makes using this approach is basically that your batteries are specially designed to not have to be changed, saving space on the mechanisms needed to remove it. One of the features of this battery is that it would make a really fast loading and can charge the battery to 80% in 30 minutes of connection to the mains. It is obvious that this is a fast charge can last you less time than it really should last you if you load as much as possible.

Offers with Thinkpad X1 :

Lenovo is providing some additional services and offers with this. You can view the same in detail and about other specification from the below link. I founded some offerings with the package which are worth to consider before buying.

Detailed Specification and Package Content

Thinkplus Support : Lenovo’s award winning Warranty Service and Support optimize productivity and end-user satisfaction by helping you concentrate more on your business objectives.
    ThinkPlus Priority Support: Saves time reduces costs and maximizes productivity, by providing you with faster, 24x7, direct access to advanced-level skilled technicians for hardware and software issues.
    ThinkPlus Warranty Onsite and Next Business Day Upgrades: Maximizes PC uptime and productivity by providing convenient and fast repair services at your place of business.
    Warranty Extensions (From 1 year to 3 years): Helps accurately budget for PC expense, protects your investment and lowers the overall TCO with a fixed-term, fixed-cost service.

Thinkplus Protection
    • Lenovo’s Protection Services help you avoid unbudgeted repair costs, secure your data, save money and achieve peace of mind.
    • Sealed Battery Warranty Extension (3 years): Available with the purchase of a 3 year extended system warranty, Lenovo’s Sealed Battery 3 Year Warranty Extension provides a one-time battery replacement opportunity at a fraction of the cost of standard battery replacement.
    • Thinkpad Protection
    • Provides coverage for unexpected damage, unintentional drops and minor spills, thereby helping you eliminate unplanned repair costs.
    • Hard Disk Drive Retention (HDD R): Allows you to retain the hard drive, should it happen to fail, thus helping you protect your valuable data.

Operating System Support:
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Genuine Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
    • Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

CPU Support
    • 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2620M: 2.70 GHz, 4MB L3, 1333MHz FSB
    • 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2520M: 2.50 GHz, 3MB L3, 1333MHz FSB
    • 2nd generation Intel Core i3-2310M: 2.10 GHz, 3MB L3, 1333MHz FSB

RAM Support
    • Up to 8 GB DDR3 1333MHz (1 DIMM slot)

Additional Applications:
    • Norton Internet Security 2011
    • Microsoft Office 2010 Starter
    • Microsoft Windows Live Essentials
    • Skype 4.2 for Business
    • Adobe Acrobat Reader

Thinkpad X1 Datasheet

Conclusion

With the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 shows once again that even in slim notebooks do not necessarily have access to ULV hardware. The performance of the Intel configuration is strong and well implemented the cooling solution. If not for the high-frequency ventilator, in quiet environments quickly annoying KO Criterion can be. The X 1 has to start with a conventional processor last generation despite an identical thickness of 17 mm. The newborn is in consideration both significantly heavier and less independent than its rival, since accusing 1.71 kg on the scales, against 1.32 kg.

It is however a credit to the reputation of strong family ThinkPad keyboard with a flow of water resistant, chassis Roll cage magnesium and carbon fiber resistant to falls and a WXGA (1366 x 768 pixels) 13, 3 inch glass covered with a Corning Gorilla Glass. This screen is entitled to an IPS panel and surmounted by a webcam 720p and a pair of noise canceling microphone. Lenovo has tried to attack virtually all fronts of notebooks that you can imagine. Since netbooks, notebooks or even the most powerful and monstrous huge 17-inch laptops including graphics tablets. Have a solution for virtually any laptop. Now come the new attempt Lenovo ThinkPad ultra-portable 13.3-inch X1 and a low thickness. Though Rs.90,000 is a quiet high price for something like Thinkpad X1 it can be considered one time. Due the absolute new design and look, make this ultraportable laptop a much need for us.