Thread: HTC Incredible S Smartphone

HTC Incredible S Smartphone

Its only been a month since the announcement of the HTC Incredible S was made at Mobile World Congress 2011. Now it is available in Asia. Much has been talked about the display and also the affordable range in which it is being launched. So let’s have a look what does this phone actually have in it.

Design
    First let’s have a talk about the design part. Yes, it does score very well in the design department and no complains about the comfort it has got while holding it. The entire chassis has a soft-touch finish which really makes it very comfortable. Now lets have a look at the screen. The screen is quite good and has a 4-inch large display. Now you may be wondering whether the phone with such a large display would be very difficult to carry. No, it will easily fit in your pocket. Basically the phone is for those who don’t mind carrying a larger phone which has a larger LCD screen.
    Now talking about the built of the phone. the HTC Incredible S is built with a unique material named plateau. Unique, in the sense it does add some character to the phone which is very uncommon these days because most of the phones are sporting the monolithic shapes.
    The overall design of the phone is clean while some work had to be done specially with the placing of the physical button. The micro-USB port is on the left edge, 3.5mm audio connector is at the top, a physical power button is placed alongside it. rest all the shortcuts are under the screen and are touch sensitive. It is always advisable that all the physical buttons be placed in the front screen while keeping it somewhere else raises the risk of getting pressed while playing the game.
    The HTC Incredible S has a 8 megapixel camera at the back they are also been supported by the pair of LED's that act as a camera flash. Even the speakers are at the back and the positioning of the speakers is also quite good. No issues.

Features
    Now its time to have a check about the features of the phone. Since it’s a high end phone we have to expect that the phone must be loaded with all the advanced features such as HSPA for high-speed cellular data transfers, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and A-GPS for satellite navigation. The htc sense software is the main feature of the phone and it ensures that working in the htc android is completely different than any other android phone. firstly the user interface of the phone is quite good and very interactive. The main thing is that we are able to sync all the contacts from the social networking sites to the contacts in the phone. believe me the process is quite simple. It also has got an enhanced soft keyboard which has a unique magnifier that will help you in the placing of the cursor. In case you need to select multiple text or any application this feature would be of very much use to you.
    In addition to that the users of this phone will be getting an access to the htcSense.com where in you will be given the option to keep a back up of any important details in the phone. so in case if your phone gets lost you will have the function to wipe out the entire data of the phone from the server itself.

Memory
    The htc incredible s has got an internal memory of 1.1 GB and can be expandable up to 8GB. You will be getting a 8GB card with the purchase of the phone.

Camera
    Shifting our focus to the camera of htc. Looking at the past history of any of the htc phones there were no complains about it. so is it here it comes with a 8 megapixel camera, it does takes some good pictures and also supports 720p HD video recording. I will show you a couple of screen shots taken from the camera and you can decide from it. how is the clarity.

The pictures does speak for itself. the colors are bright and sharp. He only disadvantage that I found here was during the focusing part, the camera does not light up while focusing and hence focusing specially in the low light situations does become a little difficult.

Performance
    Talking about the powerhouse of the phone. the phone has a 1GHz processor which does its work exceptionally well. Working with the phone for a period of two days I did not feel any slow down in the working of the phone. I had kept two gmail accounts on a auto sync for almost two hours, even the battery did perform well. The internet browsing experience was cool with the html and the flash support in the phone. Although the phone does not do much justice to the 3G, the 3G connection is a bit choppy sometimes. The call quality is also exceptionally good and with the presence of second microphone on the top the voice quality does becomes more better. The front camera which is of 2 megapixels does not proves to be of much use because it does not support the 3g video calling. As I said earlier the speakers of the phone are well placed but the output is pretty low. It is better advisable to use the headphones to listen to the songs instead of listening in speakers.

Conclusion
    The overall features of the phone were quite good. It is missing the AMOLED screen display, dual core processor etc but it is being priced at $768 which is quite cheap. A phone running on android 2.2 operating system and talks are there to be further upgradeable to android 2.3, with so much supported applications and some beautiful performances. The phone will definitely make an impression of its own in the market.

Re: HTC Incredible S Smartphone

I myself go for multiple comparison to figure out the exact information on the phones. That is the best way to get negatives and positives points out of that. Two phones that I found a much better form this is Google Nexus S and Motorola Atrix. There are some features that you cannot really understand just reading the specs. You can have a look on the review to get detailed information on the same.