Thread: Intex's V Show Projector Phone

Intex's V Show Projector Phone

New gadgets today already freak Indian Audience. What’s new now in this? Intex plans to release lucrative phone for the gadgets freak. Something that can help you to work on presentations and explaining your ideas. Yes projectors. Projectors are not so highlighted but they are the professional device used for promotion business dies. Intex tried to give that power to a very small, handy tool, a mobile phone. Yes, Intex has released a new phone with project support. You are aware about Intex Company which mostly works on Computer Peripherals, Personal Computers, Consumer Electronics, etc and now in Mobile Phones. It is not true to say that this is the first time Intex designed a phone, but it is rather more suitable to say a first new phone for India. As a Technology Giant Intex tried to give most suitable features and support that you can imagine having a mobile device.

But if we go for comparing this with others then there is most of the thing that is not really considered in the phone. Today a mobile is look for more features as compared to older time when you just click the call button to speak or receive call. Today it simple that a mindset of mobile user is to get maximum features. The most important aspect is the usability and internet. I myself look for applications support in my phone. I want a large variety of application support like games, office, etc. Today’s age is a high tech age of phones and gadgets. If something is not added the device will never compete in the race. Following the current tradition, Intex planned to come up with a new idea. It is not fresh, but something innovative. This is a high-tech phone which is named as V-Show by Intex. The phone has an inbuilt projector support which aims to provide projection mobility. The phone is already released and is under the eye of critics. Let’s first go with the features and support that mostly we look for and many time we ignores the negative aspects in this. Intex’s V-Show is equipped with movies and picture support. You can watch movies and view pictures on the phone.

Intex VShow

Intex VShow offers you a nice 16 inch broad screen on the wall. This is the projection size. Now you can image a 12inch box on your wall or a proper screen to view your mobile videos. That’s nice. The specification of the phone says that the level of brightness on the projection screen is 10 lumens. For those who are aware about the projection technology I will like to explain in detail. What is 10 Lumens? 10 Lumens is the brightness calculating thing which tells you the output of screen. In big projectors or full size you get around 1000 or 2000 Lumen projection. This meets the largest need of projection display. A best way to explain this is by judging the light distance. 1 Lumen is equal to a candle placed at a distance of 1 foot away in the area of 1 Sq.ft. So you get 10 times brightness if you have a 10 Lumens projector. This is also called as a mini projector.

10 Lumen projectors are a great concept and solution for portable work. The same technology has been integrated to mobiles phones now. I will not say this will take place for big projectors but you can easily share your screen with other guys. So that is quiet enough. This is about the brightness. What about the screen size. The maximum screen size is around 61 inches. What I mentioned above is for a high quality projection. You can place the phone some 12 feet away and get a projection output of 10 Lumens easily with QWVGA resolution. I got stuck here. I heard about QVGA but what is QWVGA. QVGA is a display resolution which you can find in most the high end projection display. You have to study more on projector resolution if you want an in-depth information on this. What I found by breaking my head on most of the website that is a type of wide screen display and it is for saying the resolution. But I am not sure, I think this is some kind of Chinese standards or technology for projection display. This I will find later on if I got a chance to open up the phone.

Re: Intex's V Show Projector Phone

I can imagine of having a small projector from which I can also make a call. 61 Inch is a good screen size and display. The one thing I think is the battery consumption. The consumption is the major cause you cannot use your projection things continuously. I too think this can give you a short time of continuous display. Intex promised to give a good battery life, but let’s see what the output is. The phone gives you a good 3.1 touch screen support which also fills up the requirement of a touch screen mobile phone. You can use both the screen simultaneously. All in this entire phone is a nice option for those who are ready to spend the amount on a phone cum projector device. All is fine here, but what I am too looking for is the battery consumption. The company says that it might work for hours, but the circumstances among different uses are never the same.

Specification:
    • Projection screen: 61 Inch on Wall/Screen from 12 Feet Distance.
    • Brightness : 10 Lumens (QWVGA Resolution )
    • Screen :3.2 Touch Screen
    • Sim : Dual Sim Support.
    • Screen : Dual Screen Mode ( Phone & Projector )
    • Camera : Dual
    • Memory: Up to 8 GB / 64 Mb internal.
    • GPRS/FM/3 hr battery life.

Price

Mr. Ramesh A Vaswani (Executive Vice-Chairman of Intex Technologies) stated the price of phone. According to him the phone is going to be between the range of Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 16,000. This price is suitable for a high-tech phone. And the one thing this phone rules is the projection support which most of the phone does not have at all. They company official suggested this price as highly affordable. But does this really worth. That is the point which you can understand as the phone gets in your hand. Yes I say it worth but to some extent only. I will not say this phone is going to give you more than big projector. You can happy to enjoy the new experience of using a small projector in your hand.

Conclusion

I will not say this is the best phone, but there are other more models which is needed to be compare first. Although I have not fundamentally changed my mind, I must admit that the built-in projector that Samsung phone is quite impressive. Building on the DLP Pico chipset from Texas Instrument WVGA, it can display a resolution of 845 × 480 pixels, a contrast ratio of 2000:1, while the 50 "around. Intex has lost of competitor in this range.

There is one more phone is this range. The Samsung I8520 Halo is a mobile measuring 123 x 59.8 x 14.9 mm and weighs NC.Il embeds a digital camera with 8 megapixels, and an MP3 music player. Memory is expandable via microSD (TransFlash) (up to 32 GB). These major points are Pico projector, camera quality, screen quality. The Samsung I8520 Halo is compatible with bluetooth, wifi, HSDPA, EDGE, UMTS. Now there are multiple choices for the user to go for a projector. I will recommend you to go for a better comparison before buying a phone.

Spending around 15 to 16 K really needs proper choice and also advice. It is better that you does not rely on offers. You can yourself check the phone support and read specification, plus share your view on the phone too. I always thought that mini-projectors were simple gadgets.