Thread: Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus

Reliance Communication is going to provide its high speed internet access to its users in Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus service. Reliance has invested nearly about Rs. 600 Cores on the broadband business to provide its users a best availability of warless internet with high end technology support. The software provided by Reliance is also upgraded on their existing network so that the users can enjoy a continuous high speed internet on their PC form any part of India. This new services is called as Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus. You can just imagine surfing on the 3.1 mbps of download speed in 1.8 mbps of upload. This really quiet high in comparison to other networks.

Reliance promised to offer a 3.1 mbps f downlink and 1.8 mbps of uplink which according to me is really high for home users. I also quiet interesting that if you does not stay in the coverage area of Reliance Net Connect broadband then the software which you get with the service will automatically convert your connection to 1x Network. This will be done automatically and you did not need to call or suffer any data loss. Reliance Communication’s Netconnect Broadband Plus has become the fastest wireless internet service in India. Netconnect Broadband Plus is a CDMA technology.

The data card is service is best suitable for those you travel around different location and want a optimum solution in high speed wireless internet and that too in reasonable price. The Netconnect Broadband Plus service is available in 35 different cities of India. Each of them offers you a high speed 1x (CDMA Data card) support which covers around 20,000 towns and 435 lakhs villages around India. This is really a very big network. So here you can imagine the service provide by Reliance. In my case I was looking for a nice internet connection, especially high speed connectivity with affordable rate.

Because I had already paid extra to some other services where I have being charged for the data. The Reliance netconnect broadband plus is recently launched and gives you various offers under Postpaid and Prepaid option. You can see those plan details below. You just need to choose a suitable plan for yourself as per your need. I had tested the internet which is really fast and provides a speed similar to broadband. Due to wide area coverage the service gives you continuity in internet. You can use Reliance netconnect broadband plus in almost any corner of India.

Reliance was first to setup the Reliance netconnect broadband plus services in 35 cities on India. So by this the chances of accessibility go very high. You must go for a service and give a try for the same. The only issue I faced is to get a demo of the service by calling the customer care. They took time but at last I had managed to test the same on my laptop. Once you purchase you will get an usb modem with cd. The cd is equipped with drivers and pc suite software. The installation is very easy. You can then double click the dialer from the desktop and run the tool. Then add your user name and password. This is the same number which you receive on the modem.

In the usb modem there is a SIM card to which a mobile number I assigned. You have to add that to the user name and the same in password. Once it is connected you can see the wireless signal strength denoting your network.

Sometime it gives you error while connection. You cannot access internet. This can be due to low network or the sim card which comes in the modem is not activated. So just make sure about these settings. You must see that the modem is activated and it is working. You can confirm the same from the customer care department. Sometime you might face a slow speed issue on the mode. The reason behind this is that there is still some time for hsd network to function. But all in all those who are using I believe might be quiet satisfied with network.

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus Features:

Here are some different Plans and Upgrades provided by Reliance. The highlights of this service is simply a offer of broadband advantage on wireless connection. It offers you a plug and play device which is quiet easy to install and use. There is wide area connectivity provided by Reliance for its network. So this works in almost any part of India. You will get a continuous internet speed due to the vast coverage. The surfing speed is much better and it is assumed that the download speed can go up to 144kbps. Other than this you will also get Voice and SMS services.

1. The Network Coverage: You can surf around any part of India. The network covers around 20,000 towns and 4.5 lakh villages.
    2. The Internet Speed: You can download files from internet at 144kbps.
    3. The Emails Services: Just pressing a single button you get access to your mails in some moment.
    4. Voice Calls: It is also possible to make and receive calls on your laptop form any part of World.
    5. The SMS Service: It is possible to send and receive sms via usb modem from your laptop. You can also send multiple sms in single time.
    6. Send and receive SMS messages from your laptop. Even multiple SMS is possible.
    7. Address Book Support: Possible to Synchronize your address book with Outlook Express.
    8. Ease of Usage: It is quiet convenient to use as here you does not need any usb cable or modem. The installation process is also very easy which works on plug and play basis.
    9. Unlimited Internet: Just for Rs. 650 per month you can stay online for 24 hours. But in this only 1GB of data transfer is allowed.

Note: You will have to Pay Rs. 3,500 with choosing any tariff plan like for e.g. Rs. 299 on monthly basis to enjoy the unlimited plan. You are charged Rs. 1,099 as yearly charges.

Offers and Plans:

Exclusive Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus Postpaid Offer
    You can enjoy a Exclusive Postpaid offers where you can enjoy internet surfing on high speed with music download, gaming, video chatting, Live TV, etc. Here the maximum speed offered to you is 3.1 Mbps. Just stay connected and exploit all the possibilities of internet. For this you have to Pay Rs. 2,299 and buy a Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ USB modem.

Plan Details:

You can choose any plan you want from the below table. The various plans gives you choice of choosing something which really fits your need. The only discount offered you is Rs. 200 /- for the year. This on payment of Rs. 2.400/- on any rental plan monthly basis, the same must be above Rs.1,000/-.

See the table below for plan details :

Notes :
    Day Usage Time : 6 AM to 10 PM
    Night Usage Time : 10 PM to 6 AM

Upgrade Offer for Reliance Netconnect Hi-Speed 1x users :

There is an exclusive offers for the existing Reliance users. Here if you have already purchased Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus then in exchange of that you can get a Reliance Netconnect Hi-Speed 1X modem and enjoy a much high speed internet connectivity. This will be called as upgrade for your existing modem and plan.

For the upgrade you will have to pay Rs. 1,999 /- and get the new modem. A discount of Rs. 250 /- is offered monthly for the first 12 months. See the table below for this upgrade plan.

You can visit any Reliance outlet to get the new plans and internet for your laptop. I will recommend you to visits’ the online site of Reliance to get further more in depth details for the different services and plan offered.

Prepaid Plans :

For Prepaid service you will have t pay Rs. 2,299 /- for the Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus USB Modem. Once you get the same you will get life time validity on the modem. So here there is no need to pay any validity charges. Go through the below tables to get information on various plans.

Re: Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus

Device :

To get Reliance internet service right now there are three devices which are available. They are :
    • Huawei EC 1260
    • Huawei EC 168 C
    • ZTE AC 8710

Huawei EC 1260 : This modem offers you CDMA 1x RTT & CDMA 1xEVDO Rev A support with auto installation. It is a plug and play device which supports Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista 32/64bits, Mac OS ( 10.4 version).

2. Huawei EC 168 C:
    This modem offers you CDMA 1x RTT & CDMA 1xEVDO Rev A with auto installation. It is a plug and play device which supports Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista32/64bits, Mac OS

3. ZTE AC 8710 : This modem offers 800 MHz frequency band with high rate network access. It supports Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS

Conclusion :

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus is a optimum choice for those users who really need a high speed internet surfing on a mobile path. As many of us travel and we only get internet access on hotspot points like Malls, Airports ,etc. But a easy to carry usb modem is really enough to give you a speed of 3 mbps which is much higher in comparison to tradition broadband. Just surf the way you want and pay the way you want. It is convenient in both matter.

There is also no need of an additional hardware and complex settings. A basic installation does the job. I had tired the same but I had not yet tested this while travelling. I believe that due to such a large coverage area. Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus will offer the same speed and service what I am right now getting. It is really enough for me to view a YouTube video without buffering or listening to online Radio with one click. It makes your work much easy by downloading big attachments or sharing files over the internet.

jameandrew Guest

i was using BSNL USB net and was not at all satisfied by the speed which i got so i switched to the broadband.The speed which they have mentioned is theoretical speed the actual speed will depend on the distance from the tower and how many users are connected at a time.I would suggest to wait till october for private operator to launch 3G services.

lehua768 Guest

Reliance was first to setup the Reliance netconnect broadband plus services in 35 cities on India. So by this the chances of accessibility go very high. You must go for a service and give a try for the same. The only issue I faced is to get a demo of the service by calling the customer care. They took time but at last I had managed to test the same on my laptop. Once you purchase you will get an usb modem with cd. The cd is equipped with drivers and pc suite software. The installation is very easy. You can then double click the dialer from the desktop and run the tool. Then add your user name and password. This is the same number which you receive on the modem.

frontierman Guest

Good connectivity and great speeds. Office mail access (Lotus Notes Full Client Access) is as smooth as it is on the office LAN. It works with Mac OS also. This product delivers on its Promise. I am very Happy with it.