Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung GT-S5620 Monte Touch Screen Mobile Phone

Re: Samsung GT-S5620 Monte Touch Screen Mobile Phone

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place !

I have just got one of these phones and i have created playlists in the Music Player on a 2gb Sd Card.

The problem is I thought playlist would play one song after the other mine seems to play the first song and then plays the same song,

I have been into the settings but cannot seem to figure it out,

Would be grateful for any suggestions !

Hi merchant2,
    I think that you first need to select all the music files by using the option called "mark" and then click to add it in the playlist format. After that you need to open up this playlist in the music player option of the phone. What option in music player are you using to access the tracks? If you access 'tracks', they will probably be played in alphabetical order.

Thank you Supercop for your reply,

My brother came in and pointed out that I had the music list set to replay and not to play all the playlist !!!!

I felt such a fool !!!!! (in my defence i am better with computers than mobiles !)

Hi I live in the Bahamas and just bought a Monte. Just a few quick questions if anyone can help that would be awesome

1) Caller ID doesnt wrk. All it shows is the numbers an i have these contacts in my Phonebook already. Doest wrk on calls or text messages. Anyone know how to fix?

2) Wat is the best firmware to use for this region? Im running S5620XXJC1. Is there a better one or even an upgrade? (I had a Star an the OS was way better IMO, Wish i could get that running on my Monte)

3) Any updates to come? Will it include a Qwerty keyboard function? Why they didnt put this in I have no idea.

4) Can i download Widgets for phones like the Star? I want my Messages Widgets back they were convenient.

5) Where can i send my ideas on firmware changes/upgrades? I think the Star had quite a few good points over this model.

Thanx in advance for any help

Usually, in caller id you will receive only the phone numbers of the person who is calling you on your phone depending upon the service that you have choosen from your network provider. As for the firmware, incase if you are not getting any problems related to crashing or mobile hanging up, use the same version or else you can try to download the DXJB7 firmware version from here. Samsung Monte lacks QWERTY keyboard and in future also it wont have it, because it is based on touchscreen display. The Samsung Monte is pre-loaded with widgets for several social networks so, I wonder which widget you want to download on it? And lastly, you can send all your ideas on firmware changes/upgrades to the samsung mobile forums or website.

Quote Originally Posted by maxforu View Post
    Usually, in caller id you will receive only the phone numbers of the person who is calling you on your phone depending upon the service that you have choosen from your network provider. As for the firmware, incase if you are not getting any problems related to crashing or mobile hanging up, use the same version or else you can try to download the DXJB7 firmware version from here. Samsung Monte lacks QWERTY keyboard and in future also it wont have it, because it is based on touchscreen display. The Samsung Monte is pre-loaded with widgets for several social networks so, I wonder which widget you want to download on it? And lastly, you can send all your ideas on firmware changes/upgrades to the samsung mobile forums or website.
    Hey thanx for the reply just a few points i should make on what u said:

1) Yeah I know about services provided by ur provider. We get Caller ID free here as part of our package. Thats not the issue. I had a Samsung Star an had no problems with this. Contacts names showed up rather than their numbers. Ive read where quite a few ppl have been having this problem but no working solutions. The problem is the phone and not the provider.

2) As long as the firmware is from my region (USA) an is in english I will check it out.

3) The Samsung Star had a touchscreen QWERTY. Still baffled why that wasnt put into the Monte. That was one of the great things about the Star (Tocco Lite). Among other things.

4) Yeah i kinda mentioned that i would like for there to be a MESSAGING Wigdet like the Star had. I think the Star had a widget for ALL of its features an applications, well the most used ones at least.

To clarify I had a Star (Tocco Lite) and i broke (it was a drunk nite) I thought the Monte would basically be the same as the Star with just some changes. I like the design of the phone, dont like the OS.

You can try to install meebo or nimbus on your samsung monte phone, but notice that some widgets are bulit into the software of the phone and it is not possible to remove them completely from the handset. In the same way it is not possible to remove the other screens from the phone and have just one screen on the phone. Have you tried giving names to the contact numbers in your phone, so that while receiving any calls from any xyz person, his name gets displayed on the screen?

Is there any way of disabling the 3g on this phone? I don't have a data package and am quite happy to connect to the net solely when I am in range of a wi-fi signal...yet it seems ceratin apps will connect via 3g...incurring me a 30p charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    You can try to install meebo or nimbus on your samsung monte phone, but notice that some widgets are bulit into the software of the phone and it is not possible to remove them completely from the handset. In the same way it is not possible to remove the other screens from the phone and have just one screen on the phone.
    Ok by Messages Widgets I meant the actual widget used for viewing and Creating text messages. Sorry if that wasnt clear. The Star had a Text Message Widget that was really handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Have you tried giving names to the contact numbers in your phone, so that while receiving any calls from any xyz person, his name gets displayed on the screen?
    LoL. Seriously? Yes I have given names to my contacts. Thats why I know its not working

Quote Originally Posted by Brooktop View Post
    Is there any way of disabling the 3g on this phone? I don't have a data package and am quite happy to connect to the net solely when I am in range of a wi-fi signal...yet it seems ceratin apps will connect via 3g...incurring me a 30p charge.
    To turn off 3G on Samsung Monte Mobile Phone, follow the below methods:

-Go to Touch Menu
    -Then Touch Settings
    -Scroll to and touch Network settings
    -Touch Network mode
    -Touch GSM 900/1800
    -Touch Select

You have turn off 3G on Samsung Monte S5620, if you need to turn on 3G, you should touch UMTS 900/2100.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorD View Post
    LoL. Seriously? Yes I have given names to my contacts. Thats why I know its not working
    Usually, here in India if we dont put the names on our contact list in our phone, then we only get the phone numbers of the person who is calling us, on the mobile phone screen, but if we put the names for their contacts then we get their names displayed on our phones if they call us, however I find it weird how does the caller id funtion works in your areas provided by your network provider, lol?

cellphoneshopper Guest

Well I really loved this mobile.But I do not know it's shape is not that cool.However it's preloaded apps are quite good.It's a complete package when we see it's price.It's touch is also very good.But do you think that it could have been better?

Thanks

Could you tell me a method of how to browse internet on my new GT-S5620 phone using only Wi-Fi. I do not have a data plan so I will rack up extra costs if my internet connects to my cell phone provider. I want to only access local wifi hot spots. So can I permanently block non Wi-Fi browsing? Or know that i am not using the cell provider? Does disabling 3G do this?

Quote Originally Posted by robertrobertrobert View Post
    Could you tell me a method of how to browse internet on my new GT-S5620 phone using only Wi-Fi. I do not have a data plan so I will rack up extra costs if my internet connects to my cell phone provider. I want to only access local wifi hot spots. So can I permanently block non Wi-Fi browsing? Or know that i am not using the cell provider? Does disabling 3G do this?
    If you are trying to connect to the Samsung GT-S5620 Monte to the wifi via any router then follow the below steps:

1. Change router's settings to WPA security and TKIP encryption
    2. Enable Wi-Fi on your mobile and search for networks.
    3. It will recognize your network with Auth type and Encryption type auto-filled (WPA,TKIP)
    4. Type your password and save. Check that it connects.
    5. Change router's settings to WPA2 security and TKIP+AES encryption.
    6. Your mobile will not change your previously saved settings and will work without any problem.

Hello everybody;

I have some issues with my samsung monte. When I launch the GPS (including update of the GPS info file or using google maps) or the camera (photo not with the video) the phone reboot automatically and ask me for the PIN code.

If somebody know what to do to fix this problem please would you please let me know.

I inform you that my phone is blocked by the service provider and is under warranty.

Thank you very much and I hope that I will have a reply soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aralegrand View Post
    Hello everybody;

I have some issues with my samsung monte. When I launch the GPS (including update of the GPS info file or using google maps) or the camera (photo not with the video) the phone reboot automatically and ask me for the PIN code.

If somebody know what to do to fix this problem please would you please let me know.

I inform you that my phone is blocked by the service provider and is under warranty.

Thank you very much and I hope that I will have a reply soon.
    I assume that you would need a PUK code from your service provider to unblock your sim card and then only you will be able to access the phone or can make a call to anyone. And I think the default Pin Code would be "0000" without quotes for any sim cards unless it is changed already. In any case can you please explain why is your phone blocked ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast