Thread: Msi Ex620 Laptop

Msi Ex620 Laptop

Introduction and package contents

In this review we take MSI's EX620 laptop examined. This multimedia laptop was launched late last year by the Taiwanese manufacturer and the ultimate multimedia laptop should be ,by adding the Cinema Pro button, Dolby sound, a 16:9 16-inch LCD screen and various techniques that the appearance of the screen to improve. To cap is a Blu-ray player in this laptop. Whether the allegations are all true MSI we see in this review.

This laptop is included:
    quick start guides;
    booklet on the guarantee;
    warranty card;
    book about the WLAN card;
    booklet explaining recover burn discs;
    two recordable DVD-ROMs to create recover discs;
    CD with drivers / guide / default programs.

Re: Msi Ex620

Design

The laptop has a sleek design, the combination of black and chrome body parts around the speakers . When the laptop is opened is an immediate thing. The buttons for bluetooth, wireless internet are like not present to activate as they are accustomed. These are just flat and when they activate their lights on. So easy to see if the feature is turned on .

Touchpad & LED's

The touchpad area is neatly designed. Here there is a beautiful combination between material and color. In the corner are several status LED's for example, battery, Sleep and hd activity. These LEDs give good indication where the laptop is currently looking into it.

Battery life

If you want to work without the charger, for example in the train, it is useful that the battery in the laptop to quickly empty. To test this I have two tests, one with a lot of CPU load and other times the laptop just to leave (idle).

When the battery is fully charged, you can roughly half hours on the laptop work. If this standby state and he is full up to three hours to continue without that practically nothing is done.

Benchmarks

For the laptop to be able to test performance, I have a number of programs, namely HDTune for the hard disk and 3DMark06 and CPU-Z/GPU-Z for performance.

HDTune

For testing the hard drive I use HDTune.When testing, I turned off background processes as much as possible, because this performance benefit.

It is easy to see how the hard disk worse performance as the test progresses. Even after half or third time, the test results are not better.

3DMark06

In order to test the laptop in processor power, I have chosen to install 3DMark06. With this program a number of severe tests, these results are later visible. In 3DMark06, I have the default settings. The results of the test:

Test results 3d Mark 06
    3DMark score :1874
    SM2.0 score : 620
    HDR/SM3.0-score: 738
    CPU score: 1826

CPU-Z
    Finally, there is still a test with CPU-Z and GPU-Z, below are the results.

Extras
    Benchmarks are hard numbers, but of course we are also talking about the user experience, so I am to work with the laptop. This laptop is as I said with a Blu-ray player. However, if you use this player you want to make a third-party software to install.

The Pro Cinema feature on the laptop can be used if your music or a movie playing. This function turns the subwoofer and will ensure that sound and image detail.

The webcam in the laptop does not work automatically with the "Scanners and Cameras" option of Windows, can simply use Windows Live Messenger. The webcam has good image quality and shocked during the recording and / or use.
    The CD is a small program to capture video programs, unfortunately, it remains only to record.

The laptop is also very complementary software included. On the supplied CD applications like Adobe Reader, Corel Media One, Winzip and Winrar.

Power Management

This laptop is equipped with a new technology for laptop batteries. This allows the battery to consume less in certain activities. You can set the processor in less black activities back clocks and so saves energy.

Conclusion

Plus Points
    Design.
    Sharp and clear picture.
    Blu-ray player.

Downsides
    No Blu-ray software.
    High keyboard.

As you've already read this laptop performs moderately in the benchmarks, it is not really a gaming laptop. This laptop is more focused on playing media. The laptop is also ideal for using Office applications, or to surf the web. if you looking for gaming, then you're better off with a laptop which is specially made.

Specifications MSI EX620

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P7350, 2.0 Ghz
    Video Card: Ati Radeon Mobile HD 3400
    Drive: Blu ray player
    Harddisk 320GB (5400RPM)
    Internal memory: 4GB
    Network: 1GBit
    Wireless network: 802.11n WLAN
    Display: 16 "LCD
    Maximum resolution: 1366x768 pixels
    Webcam: 2 megapixel
    Audio: HD Audio, 2speakers + subwoofer
    Battery: 6 / 9 cells
    Weight: 2.2 kg (excluding battery
    Dimensions hxbxdx: 41x375x246mm
    Network: 1 Ethernet port
    Storage 3-in-1 Card Reader, SD / MMC / MS 1x eSATA
    USB: 3x USB 2.0
    Firewire: Firewire 400
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0
    Video: HDMI 15pin D-SUB
    Audio: 3.5 mm jack for headphones 3.5 mm jack for microphone

Normally I am not in favor of the touch pads, so I just clicked on or dragged, it was for me really get used to. During use I found that the laptop is very high. If I put him on the table was the difference between the table and arms so high that it is not fine typed. Perhaps this is also a matter of getting used to, but I felt the difference too large.The laptop without adapter or good light, with a weight of 2.2 kg it is easy to take.