Thread: Is there any Custom ROM available for Oppo R5

Is there any Custom ROM available for Oppo R5

Oppo R5 is an awesome device and I am trying to find custom rom for this model. But I am not able to find anything. I want to test a few new roms as I am able to get the stock rom. On the official firmware download page I can only find three devices. Find 5, R819 and N1. Oppo offers ColorOS, Paranoid Android and Pac ROM for this three. There is nothing else provided. I want custom rom for R5 especially Cyanogen. But yet no one has made rom for this mode. I also searched on XDA, but they are not having any article on this model.

Re: Is there any Custom ROM available for Oppo R5

I am also looking for the same yet and there is no rom provided. There is a stock rom with old build number. And it is working. You can flash that easily if you are testing custom rom on this model. This a new phone in the market and it looks developers are still working on it. It is very important to get a stable working stock rom first. Others things comes afterwards. I am quiet sure that this phone can offer amazing performance on various rom. It is having the best touch quality. But this phone must be a bit durable also. Compare to this I think Xiaomi devices are lot more easier to play with.

I am also looking for the same yet and there is no rom provided. There is a stock rom with old build number. And it is working. You can flash that easily if you are testing custom rom on this model. This a new phone in the market and it looks developers are still working on it. It is very important to get a stable working stock rom first. Others things comes afterwards. I am quiet sure that this phone can offer amazing performance on various rom. It is having the best touch quality. But this phone must be a bit durable also. Compare to this I think Xiaomi devices are lot more easier to play with.

Custom roms are not available. But you can root the phone and play with various apps on it. You can also easily restore the stock rom. I found some guides which I had linked below. Check them for more information.

How to Root Oppo R5

How to restore Stock ROM on Oppo R5

How to restore ColorOS Stock Recovery on Oppo R5

Officially Oppo has not yet provided the latest rom version. You can add the old build and then you can run OTA updates. I am first trying to test that. Then I will go ahead with rooting process. It is necessary to get some new ROMs so that we can play with the model. Especially PAC ROM. I found this rom a lot more better than the regular one. But yet Oppo R5 is not having much rom stuff. I hope in coming time we will get a lot of rom to test on. Every phone must have a option in the recovery to backup and restore stock rom. So that it will be easier for testers to work on it.