Thread: Oppo R5 is not detected in Windows 7 64bit

Oppo R5 is not detected in Windows 7 64bit

I am dealing with a problem in Oppo R5 android device. It is a brand new mobile phone. But there is some issue here. I had connected the device with the usb cable for transferring files. I got a popup for driver installation so I followed the onscreen steps. It just asked me to install the driver. I did that. There was no restart at the end. But the device is not detected as a removable media in My Computer. I am unable to transfer anything in the phone. Is this a bug or something. I want some help here. I am having a Windows 7 64bit OS.

Re: Oppo R5 is not detected in Windows 7 64bit

Most probably this is a driver problem. You have to find a proper usb drivers for this phone. By default most of the android phones are plugin and play. There is no need to install anything extra. When you connect them it is detected as removable storage and you can transfer files in it. In Oppo R5 if you are facing a problem then there are some work around you can try. Connect the device to your pc first. And then go in Device Manager. See what hardware appear. Right click on that and select uninstall. Then reboot your pc back and test. Try to install the default usb drivers.

Re: Oppo R5 is not detected in Windows 7 64bit

I also think that this is some kind of bug because in my friends system also I had faced the same kind of issue. When the device is connected it appears as a CD drive in My Computer. And in the notification panel it shows me some options. Like I can tap and choose between Files and Images. When I tap on images I can see the internal storage. I cannot create any folder in that. But when I tap on Files nothing happens. Later on I installed eShare app on it and I am transferring files through that. The device is connected on my wifi network.