Thread: Android Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

Android Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge was released some time ago. It is a great device but yet Samsung has not offered it a Android Lollipop update. I am looking for Android 5.1 for this. But I cannot find any option for this device. It is on Android v4.4 (KitKat) Operating system. As per its hardware configuration it is capable of running this latest version of Android PS. It has as 2.7 Ghz APQ 8084 Quad Core Processor. And it has as 3GB RAM. So I am quiet sure that Lollipop Android OS will surely work on this. But yet I am not able to find any solution for this.

Re: Android Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

It is correct that this device is having a good hardware which is capable of running the latest android operating system. But officially Samsung is not offering any update on the same. So you have to wait back. I do not even thing that in coming time Samsung will be offering any update on this. One way to install this latest Android OS on this tablet is simply rooting the device. And there are steps for that on the web. You can root your device and you can get a custom rom for that. You can search for Sam mobile for more details.

Re: Android Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

I am also waiting for the same information. This phone is bit old, but I am quiet sure that Samsung might offer it a update so that it can extend the usage of this phone more for its buyers. But there is a custom rom available which you can test. Custom roms requires rooting and major changes in the device. Without which you cannot load the OS. You can take a backup of the stock rom first and then you can go ahead with rooting. Try to find the best working rom from the web first. And then install the same. It is not a very complicated procedure.