Thread: Moving more than 1GB of data in Android storage through FTP

Moving more than 1GB of data in Android storage through FTP

I want to copy my music files in my android phone. I am having a device that has 8GB storage among which around 4GB is empty. I lost my usb cable. The one that I have is only detected as charging. Copy data in the phone is really annoying. So I want to find a way through which I can do this through Wifi. I tried using Es File Explorer. Because this app can read shared folder of Windows on wifi. I shared the music file and I selected all the music at once. And started copying them in the internal folder. It is very slow and sometime the copying stops on its own.

Re: Moving more than 1GB of data in Android storage through FTP

You need a direct FTP file transfer process. This will be easier and fast. For that there is only one tool that you can use. It is called as eShare. This app is available for free on Google Play. Just download and install it. And then run it. It will give you a ftp address which you have to type in the address bar of Windows Explorer. And hit enter. It will give you access to the internal storage of your phone and you can manually copy paste the files from a pc to device easily. And you can also move a huge amount of data through this. It is stable and works well. The speed depends on your wifi network.

1/2GB is not a big deal. There are many android apps that can let you do this easily. I am also using eShare from really long time. But I had notice one thing. eShare will only give you access to the internal storage. Not to the memory card. You have to first copy the files in the internal storage of your device. And if you want to copy them in the SD card then there is another app called as ES File Explorer. Through this you can cut/paste the file in the memory card of your device. 1GB of data might take around 1 to 2minutex max depending on your Wifi network. If you are too far from the router then speed might fluctuate.

FTP is a nice solution. But it is not stable all the time. I am using ES File Explorer here. I am having around two devices in my home. One is a tablet and other one is a smartphone. And I transfer the files from pc to this devices through ES File Explorer. But this thing sometime does not work. When I go in the lan section I am not able to find my pc there. It is not detected. Sometime the IP address appear. When I tap on that it says that I am not having any permission to access the files and folders of that thing. I have to restart my pc to use it back again. And it starts working well.

There are many FTP software that you can test out. You can create your internal storage as a FTP location and through your pc you can simply move files in it. If you have a rooted phone then you can even access your SD card through that. There are so many advance software. I am also using eShare here. This tool is simple to use and it is also very light. You don't really need a huge space to store the same. Once it is on you get a url that you have to copy paste in the Explorer and done. It is also fast. Compare to that ES File Explorer has more features. Like don't need a pc for that. You can do a FTP transfer directly from your mobile phone. But it is true that it does not work sometime.

On Google Play you can find so many FTP clients for Android. Like AndFTP, FTPServer, TurboFTP, etc. If one is not working then you can try using another. This is the best thing about android. You get a lot of desktop like features on this. And it is easy to use them also. eShare is lightweight but has some limitation. But there are some FTP apps that can give you more features and better speed on file transfer. You just have to install and configure the settings. To move huge files you need a more reliable software. You can try using AndFTP. It is free and has a quiet simple UI. You can configure the settings as per your need in this.