Thread: Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drains, wifi suddenly stops

sad Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drains, wifi suddenly stops

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 few months back. During the first 3 months, the phone was working fine. For the past 1 month, I have been facing a lot of issues with the phone – The battery of the phone gets drained off very quickly and has to be constantly charged. Moreover the Wi-Fi of the phone suddenly stops working sometimes. I am left with only two options - using the forget network option or to reboot the phone. Rebooting the phone every time has become a pain. Kindly suggest what should I do?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drains, wifi suddenly stops

Well, if you are on Wifi most of the time then surely the battery will drain much quickly because it will be scanning and using data over internet continuously. As for the wifi dropping problems you can try to check in the Power Saving Mode to check if some restrictions are in place.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drains, wifi suddenly stops

Hey Sunil, I faced the similar problem with my S5. Finally, had to uninstall some apps and eventually ended up selling the ‘unsmart’ phone. This problem is not just with S5, but with other Samsung smartphones as well. In fact, my battery used to drain out by 30% in 2 hours! In case you are planning to change, you could consider the Xiaomi Mi4 or HTC Desire 820. But ideally you should wait for Honor 6 Plus which has a 3600 Mah battery and should launch soon and then take a decision.