Thread: How to add Gujrati fonts in android

How to add Gujrati fonts in android

How to add Gujrati fonts in a android Smartphone. My uncle just bought a budget android device. He is using a old Nokia device which has gujrati language in it. And he is saving all his contacts in Gujrati. He is also typing messages in the same language. But in Android everything is English. I want to add Gujrati font in that so that he can use the new android phone. I had transferred around 300 contacts to the android device via sim. But it not showing. It is just black and the when I tap on anything I can see the number inside.

Re: How to add Gujrati fonts in android

You are unable to view the contact names because Gujrati font is not available in Android. But for devices which are having Android 4.4.4 or higher OS can have the font. Others will have to use some third party stuff. And it is not possible unless you root your phone and install a custom font style. You said that you are having a budget phone that means it will be on ICS or Jellybean. And there is no chances to have Gujrati font on that without rooting the same. Officially there is no option available to add any Indian language in older android version.

Re: How to add Gujrati fonts in android

It is only possible after rooting as mentioned above. And there is no big risk in doing that. The first thing you have to do is find the stock rom of your device. So that in case if anything happens you can reset it back to its original form. And after that only you must go ahead and install a font on the same. You can find the front on the web with full process. This is just like installing a apk file. And when you go in the language and input section you can find the font there. You can tap and set that as your default language and use it.