Thread: Want some help to reset Asus All in one PC

Want some help to reset Asus All in one PC

I want some help to reset my Asus all one pc and it is not working. I had tried a number of time to reset it but it looks a very complicated thing. I am having Windows 10 on that. And this does not show any kind of recovery option. But there is a recovery partition hidden. I can see that in Device Manager. I want some help here to make this thing work but it does not help. I had copied all the data in another pc and I want to restore it. But I cannot find any options to reset it. I had seen that this kind of pc are having a default key combination that can run the factory settings and reset windows back to normal.

Re: Want some help to reset Asus All one PC

Asus has a utility in the system that will help you to simply reset the entire system. You have to try checking out that. There are also certain key combination that you will have to hit after restarting the pc. And then you can reset the device back to its original state. This is going to take time and it will also wipe out your entire pc data. So you have to go ahead with the backup first and then only you must run the restore. If there is a hidden partition then it is quiet sure that there will be some way through which you can trigger full restore.

Re: Want some help to reset Asus All in one PC

This system works on Windows 8 and it has a internal option to restore things back to its original settings. It does a kind of low level formatting due to which it takes really long time. You type recovery in the search box and choose a appropriate option. Windows will automatically boot in safe mode. There you have to look for reset option. And run that. It will take sometime to wipe out all you files and slowly it will be like as it was new. So just try that. If you are unable to find the option then you can try contacting Asus customer care where you will get help on the same.

Windows 8 has a internal factory restore options. It can help you to get your pc as it was at the time of fresh installation. This process is not available in Windows 7. There are two things you can try. First you can refresh your pc if it is slow and it will be really fast. You have to go in Settings for that and then you will have to look for PC settings. Just go in that and then click on Update and Recovery. There look for Recovery and then choose Refresh. This will not do any changes in the files. Your data is going to remain intact and you can get a faster performance.

You can find that through settings. You have to go in that and then you have to click on Change PC settings. Just go in that and click on update and recover. Then click no recovery and done. You can then reset the entire system back to its original state and then you can start working on it. Try to keep data backup before doing this or you might loose everything. This reset takes a really long time to finish. I had done this before and it took more than 4 hours to complete. I do not understand why this thing is so slow. It is a bit complicated part. Compare to that other type of reset are faster.

Through Windows bootable disc you can also do the same. You just have to boot your system with that and then you can click on troubleshoot. Then you have to choose a full pc reset or recovery. In Windows 8 this feature is added while in older version you can format it completely. Install Windows from scratch will also help. But do not mess with the factory partition. It is hidden and it has the original OS with license. If you delete that then you will loose everything and you wont be able to get that back.