Thread: How to keep Android tablet files on auto backup

How to keep Android tablet files on auto backup

I always test a few new things in my device. Like I install a few new apps and games. This time I am going to test custom roms and for that I am able to find all the stuff which I am looking for. But I want some way through which I can turn on auto backup stuff. This must include my pictures, videos, contacts, messages, etc. I have to manually backup each and everything and this is a bit time consuming process. Auto-backup is fast and after making changes I can restore my phone back with its original files. I am not able to find any easier way of doing this. Does custom rom has this kind of feature. If yes then how to turn it on.

Re: How to keep Android tablet files on auto backup

You can use various cloud options here for this purpose. That is the only way through which you can keep all your files under a auto sync. I think you must test G Cloud Backup. This is a lightweight free tool that can help you to keep your files synced on cloud. So that you can get them easily. You wont face much problem in using that. Cloud sync will help you to add different type of online backup services and syncing is also easy. Here through the Dashboard you can choose things you want. Like Call Logs, Contacts, Photos, Messages, Calenders, Browsing history, etc.

I am using Google Drive and that is the best I think. It works well and has no issue with syncing. You just have to pick things for that. And then the sync will start.It is a bit slow but works fine. There is no problem. For auto sync I think Google drive is the best options here. But there are lot of things manual in this. That means you will have to select the folders you want to sync. There are few things in it which are missing and must be added. For example call logs and sms sync. I have to use third party apps for the same.

There are some small third party software that can help you in fixing the problem. For that you can try using Orange Backup.This tool needs a rooted device. It needs super user access so that it can backup your files on the cloud. You can link your Google cloud account with this and you can test out. There are many software like this which will help you to sync your files easily. But the only requirement here is to root your phone. If you are not ready with that then you cannot do anything. But as you said you test a few roms then you might have a rooted phone.

It is actually a pain when you have to one by one configure things. I am using Google Drive from long time and it use to work well. But I also think that Gcloud is lot more better. For new users it offers 1GB and for those who are using Gmail for sign up will get a 1GB extra. So if you use your gmail id to create a account on Gcloud then you will get around 2GB and that is enough for keeping sms, photos, call logs, etc. If you keep multimedia files like video and audio then you will need more space. For that you can use Google Drive. Both can work well and offer a better backup option.

Right-now I am not able to find a fully functional application that can turn on auto-backup for everything. Like the entire internal storage with sd card storage. Many apps like Google Drive or OneDrive backup only photos and videos. They do not sync other stuff. And in Google Drive you have to manually select things. I am looking for some apps that can help you to sync everything I want. Like the logs, sms, whatsapp messages, etc. So that you don't have to manually rely on things. And here in apps you have to do things one by one that is complicated.