Thread: What is the easiest way to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

What is the easiest way to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I am trying to find out the most easiest way through which I can root and install a custom rom on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I am trying to find out some guides but this keeps on getting complicated. I do not want mess my tab. My tab is almost a year old and there is no warranty left on that. So I think it is good to root this one and then install a custom rom. There are some really awesome roms on the web. Which I can download and test. But here I am not able to find a simple rooting process. After which I try taking backup and then go ahead with adding a rom. I want some easy to understand steps.

Re: What is the easiest way to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Before rooting it is good if you can find the stock rom of your tablet. You can find that through build number. All you have to do is search on Google for the same. You can find the build number in About section. There just note down the full build number and search that in Google. If you find the exact rom that you are using then you can go ahead with rooting. Because in case if something happens then it will be easier for you to deal with the problem. You can restore the stock rom back through SP flash software. If you are unable to find the stock rom then I do not really think you must go ahead with rooting procedure.

It is quiet right that you must first backup your existing rom before going ahead and do any changes. Because that can cause serious problem in your device if you do any mistake in rooting. For that you can root your tablt using Odin. You have to download P3100_CWM_RECOVERY-6.0.2.7_SUPERSU-0.99_BUSYBOX-1.20.2.tar.md5.zip for this. It will add the custom boot-loader on the device. When you boost you can backup the current rom and you can go ahead with installing any third party rom also. If you find CWM not easy to use then you can try using TWRP. This is a touch based boot-loader that will help you to backup our entire device rom.

The process is not complicated. You need a proper bootlaoder and odin for the same. You need the right flash recovery file for rooting. Or else it is not going to work from any angle and can cause major issues. Here if you can find the above file just launch odin and then click on pda. Choose the above file and done. Click on Start and the process will being. Here you have to just verify that you had updated your system with the latest Samsung usb drivers. Or else it is not going to work. Once you are done with rooting you can start with rom backup. You can use Titanium backup for the same and I am quiet sure that it will also work fine.

Rooting is not the big thing here. You need the proper files that will work well on the tablet. If you download and use wrong files then it can cause problem. You have to first make a list of things that you really need. Like the driver files, then comes the bootloader package and rooting applications. That you can find easily on XDA. Just get the files and then save them on your desktop. After that you can start with rooting or any other. It is not very complicated or hard to do. You just have to take care that while flashing the phone must not turned off or there must be no issue with device detection or with connectivity. This are some important things you have to check.

There are so many benefits of rooting. You can install the latest Android Kitkat Os on the same. And there are so many roms to download. You can find them and you can flash that on your device. It will give you ample of great features with great performance. I am quiet happy with the rooting here. All I did is flashed the device with a custom bootloader. And now it is working really fine. There is no issue at all. The device is working better. After rooting I can even remove the apps that I do not really need. This was not possible before. Things were locked in it. There are many roms which are worth testing.