Thread: Windows 10 update for LAVA Iris Win1

Windows 10 update for LAVA Iris Win1

I saw a budget Windows phone in the market. The model is LAVA Iris Win1. It is running on Windows 8.1. Just recently Windows 10 is released in the market.I want to know whether this phone will be getting this new update or not. I tried looking on the web but I am not able to find any information on the same. If this phone supports Windows 10 then it will be lot more better. I want to gift this phone to my sister. I had seen a few new features on Windows 10 which would be more helpful compare to the older edition.

Re: Windows 10 update for LAVA Iris Win1

I do not think so. LAVA Iris Win1 is a kind of entry level model. And it would well on Windows 8.1 or higher updates. But not no the Windows 10 series. I am quiet sure the update is not released for this phone. There are certain budget Lumia models, like Lumia 535. This one is another good budget mobile that will offer you the update as per my experience. But nobody has confirmed the same yet. For LAVA Iris Win1 this is not at all possible. But if gets in future then this is a worth buying budget windows mobile phone.

You can find that easily through Windows Insider app. I have a another budget Windows phone where I found no build message in the application. This means the update is not available for the phone. To find just instal Windows Insider app in the device. And then tap on check for new build. You have to register your id first for Windows Insider program and then you can find whether this new OS is available for your model or not. This is the fastest way of finding out. If you are unable to find then it simply means you wont be getting the update.

The new Windows 10 is a kind of OTA update which will is released. And many devices had got the same. If you had not received under About phone then it is not for the device. Windows 10 is a bit higher version and will need a bit better hardware to work. I am quiet waiting for this update on my Lumia 535. If I get that I will surely add some screenshots. I am quite excited to use new features on the same. This OS is going to work better on bigger screen. Where you get more space to add tiles and work in a proper way. But this update is hard to get on budget phone.

There are some worth checking feature on the new Windows 10 update. Most of the things that I had seen are quiet similar to Windows 8.1. Like you can add a background image or you can group applications. One of the biggest changes they had done is added more controls in the notification bar. Right-now I can see that you get only wifi or features you turn on. But now in Windows 10 you get extra options that you can turn off or on as per your need. Also you can do many things form the notification bar directly.

It is right that Windows 10 might require more power to work better. And on budget phone this is not at all possible to get. So here if you are having a entry level phone then no use of expecting. Till yet this update is not finally rolled out. Once it appear you will get the update notification on your screen. Still if you want to test then just sign in using your live account on Windows insider program. Then add the Windows insider app on your pc and test out. I am quiet sure that if the update is available for your phone then you will get that. Backup your phone before doing the same.