Thread: Does turning off a laptop directly in sleep mode can cause issue

Does turning off a laptop directly in sleep mode can cause issue

I want to know about forcefully turning off a laptop when it is in a sleep mode. Like when I am not using the system goes in the sleep mode on its own. Then to switch it off I press the power button for few seconds. I want to know that does this can cause any problem. Because this morning when I tried turning on it was not working fine. It took really long time to boot. I am quiet not able to figure out the issue behind this. I thought it would be working so well. But somehow it started working. Is there a way through which I can find out what is the issue in the system.

Re: Does turning off a laptop directly in sleep mode can cause issue

Well it is worth to turn it off in a regular way. Forcefully turning it off can cause problem with the system. Like you can face issue with ram in future. So it is better you must try to turn it on and then go with the regular way of shutdown. It is the best way to increase your device hardware life. By forcefully turning off you might face issue with the OS also. Its my experience that if you do this your can damage your hardware and cause problem in future. If your boot time is slow then try to remove some programs and free up the memory and that would help.

I also does not recommend you to do that thing because it is not a best way to turn off your system. There are still hardware which are working like the hard drive and ram. And by doing that you are forcefully turning off a system which can create hardware issue in future. I had seen my office pc face ram issue due to this one. Mostly the ram gets damage here. And by replacing that the system went back to normal. It does not really take much time to switch off a system. Try to find out the applications that are slowing down your system.

If you are facing problem with slow shutdown then you have to see what all applications are working in the background. You have to remove it and test back. I am quiet sure that it will start working well. You can find the number of applications that are active in Task Manager > Processes. Remove all those things that are not needed and then try turning it off. I do not think it will take much time. Forcefully turning off can create some kind of hardware issue in the system. Like ram failure.

The best thing you can do is use a ups if you can add that. Because that will help your system to work in lot more better way and it will also preserve and help the battery to work for long period. There are some good system optimizer tools which will help you to clean the ram and boost your shutdown and boot time. Just download any good tool and scan your system with that. I am quiet sure that this will boost up the shutdown and will also help you to boost the system performance.

Many does not really recommend you to do this. It is better to check out for performance stuff. In a newly formatted windows the boot and shutdown time is quiet fast. It does not really take much time to turn a pc off or turn it on. So if you think that your pc is taking a really long time to shutdown then just backup your system data and then format it. Instal windows back from scratch and then test back. I am quiet sure that it will start working and you wont be facing any major issue. System optimizer will not be helping much here.