Thread: Sony Xperia Z3 download manager issue

Sony Xperia Z3 download manager issue

I am using Sony Xperia Z3 from quite some time and recently I am getting notifications continuously of file that is getting downloaded from the Download Manager all the time. If I want to clear it then the only thing that I am able to do is to clear all the data from download manager? But soon if I download any other file then it will again stay there with the change in file names. So, is this some kind of a bug in this smartphone or what? Any ideas

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 download manager issue

Even I am facing this similar problem on my Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone. When I check download manager then it keeps trying to download something and I do not even know what exactly is it. When I check the file format then it displays "downloading_this_message_in_html.html". If I am going into the Download Manager app information then I am able to force close it. Also the button to clear cache can be selected it does nothing when I am pressing it?

I dont know whether this is a bug or something else in the Sony Xperia Z3 phone but have you tried to do a Factory Reset using the Sony's PC Companion software on your computer. But before that backup all your contacts and important sms'es because all those data's will be also deleted. You can also try to turn off notification for Download Manager application in your smartphone for the time being.

There were many users who were facing notifications problem from download manager in Sony Xperia Z3. Some of them said that if phone is kept on wifi then this notification clears off but if it is kept on 3G/LTE then the problem again seems to occur. Also can you check if this problem is happening with very large attachments that is getting downloaded. If that is the case then go to Email > Menu > Settings > Your Account and disable the "Auto-download attachments" option.