Thread: What to do if my Nexus 5 is bricked while restoring stock rom

What to do if my Nexus 5 is bricked while restoring stock rom

I am unable to figure out what wrong I did. But there is some problem with Nexus 5 device. I had rooted that and installed a few custom rom. I am not very impressed with the rooting stuff. So I want restore the stock rom back. I followed a method provided on XDA where I have to flash the system.img file and other stuff. I had downloaded 4.4.4 Release 2 (For 2DegreesNZ, TelstraAUS and India ONLY) (KTU84Q) from the official site of Google. But when I had done with the restoration process the phone does not boot.

Re: What to do if my Nexus 5 is bricked while restoring stock rom

It looks like you had done some mistake in the following all the steps. You have to redo the same back again to fix it. For that the first thing you have to do is extract the content of Nexus 5 stock rom in a folder. Then you will find another file in that in the name of hammerhead-ktu84q-factory-ae475293. Right click on that and choose open with Winrar. And then extract it back again. In that you can find all the files which you are looking for. Follow the steps properly and test back.

Re: What to do if my Nexus 5 is bricked while restoring stock rom

I had faced that problem once when I was following the same xda a process. Here you have to ensure that you had turned on usb debugging. That actually matters a lot. After that extract all the files in adb folder. They are bootloader.img, radio.img, system.img, userdata.img, boot.mage and recovery.img. All these files are required to be flashed properly before moving ahead. IF there is any error then try to run the process back again. Check that you are flashing the right ROM file on the device.