Thread: Sony E-Series VPCEH25EN black screen but orange battery light is on

Sony E-Series VPCEH25EN black screen but orange battery light is on

I am having Sony E-Series VPCEH25EN laptop. This one comes with Intel Core i3 processor and Nvidia gpu on the same. It is a nice laptop which was working fine. I was out for two months. Later on when I tried to turn it on it is not working. I connected the charger where I can see a orange light on the front side. I left it on charging. After 2 hours when I tried back I am getting the same problem. It is not giving out any display. There is a total black screen.

Re: Sony E-Series VPCEH25EN black screen but orange battery light is on

Try to disconnect the battery first. And then connect the laptop to the power adapter directly. And then try turning it on. If still there is no display then it means the laptop has some kind of hardware failure. You have to take it to the service center. This happen if the laptop has felled. Due to shock the internal components is damage. It will be better if you can take it to the service center. Do not attempt to show it to any other or try to open that.

Re: Sony E-Series VPCEH25EN black screen but orange battery light is on

I have a similar model. It was bought by my brother and there is exactly the same issue. When I connect the power adapter by removing the battery there are two lights on the front works. Which is a orange and a green light. But there is no display on the screen. This is bit weird. The laptop was working fine until last week and it just stopped working. I had giving the same to the service center and yet there is no reply. If the motherboard is damage then it will be a huge repair cost.