Thread: Are there any new updates for Xperia Z2 smartphone

Are there any new updates for Xperia Z2 smartphone

It has being a very long time that Sony Xperia Z2 has got any new update. I found that a new update for Android 5.0 Lollipop is released but yet there are no people who had got the same. So here I am trying to locate a few details about having new update for the Z2 series. I had never rooted my phone. But I can see a number of people are already using Android 5.0 update on this phone through custom roms. I am waiting for some official support here.

Re: Are there any new updates for Xperia Z2 smartphone

Yes there is a new update and Sony has just started deploying the same. But this is not Android 5.0 update. It is a critical update that will help to improve the phone output ore. And this update will be released for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Xperia Tablet. There will be few enhancement in it also. This update will hep you to use apps like Remote Play more effectively. And it also add a bit improvement in the DSD audio files. The update is rolled out. Just check.

Re: Are there any new updates for Xperia Z2 smartphone

My friend got that. It is not a very big update. It will fix bugs and provide you Remote Play feature PS4. That means you can now sync your phone with PS4 and control it. A new High resolution audio functionality is also added. And you can play PCM or DSD files on the same. There is nothing much. There is also enhancement in the Stamina mode. This will allow you to get a more powerful battery output and long usage. For the new android update we have to wait.