Thread: iPhone 6 screen cracked after falling from short height

iPhone 6 screen cracked after falling from short height

I never thought that Apple iPhone 6 would be so weak in body design. I was removing the phone from my pocket and it just slipped from my hand. And when I picked up the device I found the screen was shattered. There are cracks on the screen. But the touchscreen is working well. I never thought that the new iPhone would be so weak. It just cracked by falling from a short hide. I took the phone to Apple Care and they are asking a heavy charge on this.They said it is not covered under warranty. The phone is so weak. I must have not bought it. And now Apple is not ready to give me a replacement. I thought the phone would be enough strong to handle fall from a short height.

Re: iPhone 6 screen cracked after falling from short height

You must take care while using this kind of phone. My friend just broke his Note 3. It felled from his table and gone. The screen was cracked. And this are not covered under warranty. Also getting a screen replacement for this kind of devices is very costly. Apple Warranty only gives you replacement related to hardware and software issue. The phone got damage because of your improper handling. So that is not covered. You can ask the Apple guys to give you a bit discount on the replacement things. If it was any other phone then it will be easier to get replacement parts. But as it is a new device, I do not think there is any site selling its parts.

Re: iPhone 6 screen cracked after falling from short height

The device comes under warranty when there are some mind of manufacturing defects. It is got broken due accidentally and you wont get any free fix for that. It is actually a very sad news. But you have to bear the cost if you want to use it. It is always good to buy a good durable case with the iPhone so that it can get protected from such kind of stuff. You can find those case online. This cases add extra protection and protect the phone from shock. Especially the screen. Which might be having a strong glass, but can get shattered if felled. So here you have to take back the phone to apple care and get the screen fixed.