Thread: Silent button on iPhone 6 is not working

Silent button on iPhone 6 is not working

Whenever the phone rings there is a ringer button on the left side of iPhone 6. The same is also used for increasing and decreasing the volume. When the phone ring I press that to silent the phone and it fails to work. Sometime the phone is stuck on the silent mode only. It looks the button is sticked inside and not coming up. I tried to press it back but it fails to work. I hardly pressed that button a few times and this issue started. I want some help here to fix the problem. Is there anyone who is having the same issue. The phone button looks proper from outside I think it is stuck. And I am not sure about removing it. It is a new phone and I do not want to damage it.

Re: Silent button on iPhone 6 is not working

I also got the same problem a few days ago. The phone just stucked in the silent mode. I found when removed the phone from my pocket and there were
    around 6 miscalls. The device just did not ring. I used the volume button to increase ringer volume but it did not respond. It looks like broken to me or some kind of design flaw from Apple's end. I am going to take the phone to the apple care and see whether they can fix this issue or not. I am quiet
    busy few days and will get it fixed soon. It is very sad to find this kind of issue in such a expensive model. I was quiet excited first when I bought the phone and now I am struggling with this new problem.

Re: Silent button on iPhone 6 is not working

The volume rocker in the device is not working properly. I tried to press that to put the phone in silent mode and it stucked in that position forever. I had a strong argue with Apple Care who says that this is some kind of design issue and they will be fixing this soon. But it is just an day old iPhone and now this issue is annoying. I am also having problem with my Bluetooth connection that fails to reconnect my headset on it. There is no way to claim refund back for the model. I am going to use the phone in the same way for few time and if I get the issue then I do not think it I am going to keep it.