Thread: iPhone 6 turns off after 40% of reaching iOS 8.0.2 update

iPhone 6 turns off after 40% of reaching iOS 8.0.2 update

I am trying to get the new iOS update on my iPhone 6. I had started the update and there was enough battery in the phone. The device just turns off at the 40% part. I am not able to make this thing work. I tried to turn on the phone and tried all the steps back again but that is not helping much. I want to update the iOS as I am already facing a log of buggy issue in the same. But I am not able to locate any option for the same. Can anyone help how to get rid of this problem. I had tried to do in many attempts, while sometime the pc does not boot at all. I hope there can be some way to fix this issue. Is there anyone having the same issue and any solution to fix it.

Re: iPhone 6 turns off after 40% of reaching iOS 8.0.2 update

There are few things you have to check before moving ahead. First keep the phone on charging. Let it get fully charged. There must be battery more than 60% in the device. And then the second thing you have to check that you must download the iOS update on a high speed internet. It can be your 3G connection or Wifi. Because on poor internet the output will not be better. You might face issue with constant downloads. Once you download the same on wifi there will be no internet breaking issue. Just restart your phone. Keep the phone aside for sometime and then try to do the same. The phone might not boot properly if the update installation is stopped.

Re: iPhone 6 turns off after 40% of reaching iOS 8.0.2 update

If the restart thing is not helping you much then you can also try using iTunes for updating your phone. You have to connect the phone to your pc and launch iTunes and run the update. Try to take a full backup before doing that or else issue will be the same. If nothing helps then there is one more thing you can do. You can try resetting the device back to its original factory settings and it will help. For that you have to hold the sleep and home button at the same time. Just do that for 10 seconds and done. The phone will restore the factory settings back again and this will also wipe out your device data. Just try same once.