Thread: iPhone 6 barometer not functioning properly

iPhone 6 barometer not functioning properly

I have bought a new iPhone 6 and after using it for a while I noticed that the barometer in this phone is not working fine. There are few data under the Health app which is not recognizing any data and the data sources in the share data is also not shown by the iPhone in the submenu? I am able to see the Steps tab only in the phone? Even after resetting my iPhone 6 the problem doesnt solve? So, if anyone has tested whether the barometer is working fine then please give me some information how to use it properly? TIA.

Re: iPhone 6 barometer not functioning properly

Incase you are looking in the direct pressure measurements of the barometer then you can checkout the Barometer++ app from this link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barometer++/id922220265. This app will guide you the pressure of barometer is measuring along with all the relative elevation increased or decreased from a set point which you have the option to reset. You can try to check if your iPhone tells you whether you are going up a few meters when you climb the stairs to check if there is a bug with HealthKit or the barometer itself.

I was also attempting to calibrate with the Compass and it still shows on flight of stairs for the whole day. Since I live in a town-house I usually go up and down every stairs for at the most 20 times a day. After downloading the barometer app it is not able to show the pressure change if I am going up and down the stairs. So it seems that there might be likely a bug mostly with the HealthKit. This has to be fixed in the new update for the app I suppose.

Even I was facing this similar issue where no data was collected for the whole day. But after when I switched off my iPhone 6 and turned it on again then it seems to have worked although it was not giving accurate measures. After when I went up to 2 levels then it will still count it as one, so it simply means that when I go up one level inside of my place then it will count nothing. So, you can just try to test it out by going down in your store room and see if that works.