Thread: iPhone 6 crashing after restoring iPhone 5S backup in it

iPhone 6 crashing after restoring iPhone 5S backup in it

I am stuck with iPhone 6 crashing issue. I had restored all my old pictures and files through iPhone 5S backup in it. iPhone 6 is rightnow running on iOS 8.0. I was quiet excited to use this phone. It is quiet nice in look. But after when I had done with restoring my data and apps the phone output is very poor. There are certain animation when yu go in the menu or launch apps. It is lagging in that. The phone is also freezing whenever I try to open basic things like messages. I was trying to start a game and the phone freezed there for 20 seconds. It looks this phone has a very pathetic performance. I am unable to use it. The phone also restart on its own. What should I do to fix the issue.

Re: iPhone 6 crashing after restoring iPhone 5S backup in it

I also had a bad experience with iPhone 6. The phone has a serious crashing issue when you restore iPhone 5S apps in the phone. I had used iTunes here for the restoration purpose and things are very slow here. Here you can do one thing. First reset the fan to factory settings. This will wipe out all the data from the phone. Once you are done with that you can then manually move things. Start with contacts and messages. For apps I will recommend you to download one by one from the app store. There are chances that you are trying to restore a incompatible app which is affecting the overall phone performance. So just try to do this and test back.

Re: iPhone 6 crashing after restoring iPhone 5S backup in it

What is use if you have to do everything manually. I thought the restore process is automated. I never faced any issue till iPhone 5S, and now this iPhone 6 came out to be a buggy phone. The apps that works on iPhone 5S are also new. They are not very old or outdated. The manual process for restoring things is long. I am trying to do the same through iCloud. All data is on the cloud. But still it is so slow. I am not able to find any option to fix this thing. I tried taking backup through iTunes and restored it. My phone also keeps on restarting. But it went fine after factory reset. I am waiting for a iOS update which can resolve the issue.