Thread: iPhone 6 wifi could not connect after router restart

iPhone 6 wifi could not connect after router restart

I am quiet not sure whether I am the only one who is facing this issue or there are others also. I have some problem with iPhone 6 wifi. I had cleaned my router and turned it off. By default I keep the wifi of all devices at my home on. Which reconnect when the router is turned on. After tuning on the wifi, I can see iPhone 6 is unable to reconnect. I went in the wifi section and there is not SSID in it. It does not detect even one connection. The same works on my Tab 3. I gets reconnected on its own. I restarted the phone and then it started working. I want to know that does this is a problem. The wifi does not get reconnect when you reboot the router. Not even a single wifi signal is detected.

Re: iPhone 6 wifi could not connect after router restart

iPhone 6 is having a lot of issue with wifi connection. And there is no solution for that. I had seen the official forum where there are many users who are complaining about the issue. It is quiet annoying when you have a new phone and you face this kind of issue. The most common solution to resolve the same is to restore the factory settings or wait for any iOS update coming up. Even the last update was unable to do anything. My neighbor has bought this new iPhone. She carried the phone at my home, and her wifi is quiet strong. I am able to get network in my room. But when she moved, iPhone 6 dropped connection. And there was no re-connectivity.

Re: iPhone 6 wifi could not connect after router restart

It is a hardware bug according to me. The new wifi chip iPhone is either not compatible with other wifi standard or it is buggy. I had restored factory settings on my friends iPhone 6 around 3 to 4 times. And still the issue is contact. I am having a dual band router at my home among which one is 2.4Ghz and other one is 5Ghz. Through my tablet I changed the band to 5Ghz and the wifi connection dropped on iPhone 6. It is not able to identify any signal. Even after restart this is not working. Again then I enabled 2.4Ghz and then restarted the iPhone. It started working. So this is a bug. The phone is not upto the market. Compare to this Android devices are more stable.