Thread: Dark Shadow on the top part of iPhone 6

Dark Shadow on the top part of iPhone 6

I am not able to understand whether this is a issue or whether this thing is common with all iPhone 6. I can see a dark shadow on the top side of iPhone 6. The lcd light from the background looks more brighter. This is the first time I had seen different in the shades of a iPhone screen. Before it use to be similar. But the top part is dark an the bottom one is light. I want to know that does this is due to some screen settings. I can see this when I keep my phone brightness to maximum, otherwise it is not at all visible. I had never seen this kind of changes in iPhone 5S. That use to look more clear and better, but in iPhone 6 it is quiet weird.

Re: Dark Shadow on the top part of iPhone 6

I had seen that. My friend just ordered a brand new iPhone 6 and he can see the shadow effect on the top side. The same was not in iPhone 5S or 5C. I called Apple care for the same, but they have no answer for this. They just give me common troubleshooting steps to deal with the problem. I am quiet sure there can be some reason behind this. It looks like the LCD screen is having some problem with calibration. Now in iPhone 6 settings you dont have much for the display part. In my friends devices I can also see a bit of yellow shade at the bottom side. This looks very bad and makes the phone screen
    quality dull. I hope there can be some way of fixing the issue.

Re: Dark Shadow on the top part of iPhone 6

This is some kind of hardware flaw in iPhone 6. Because updates are not going to help much. I have a brand new device with me and I can see a yellow color on the screen. There is no color uniformity in the phone. That means things are different. At some part there is a bluish shade while at some part there is yellowish one. I did not notice this on the first day of usage. I found the problem when I was using the phone in night. I hope this would not cause any major issue with the display. This is quiet bad. My friend bought Note 3 and his screen is good. There is no shades on any part of the screen. While I have this costly phone and it looks so dull.