Thread: iPhone 6 Volume button behaving badly

iPhone 6 Volume button behaving badly

After having the new iPhone 6 it worked nicely for few days. Then I started having issue with the volume and power button. I want to find whether others are also having the issue or not. First when I increase the volume a slider appear on the screen. And it stuck. It does hot hide on its own. I am able to access other apps on the background. The slider just remain on the top. I have to restart the phone to fix it. This is very annoying. The second issue lies with the power button. At first when press power I get a window on the screen to turn off the phone. This is normal and then the window hide. But when I press it back after few seconds nothing happen. I have to wait for few minutes to get that screen back. What is this issue.

Re: iPhone 6 Volume button behaving badly

You have to physically check the button. Just touch them and try to see them at close view. It looks like button displacement to me. They are either not properly placed or they are stuck due to which you are getting that problem. When the slider window in on the screen it means, the button is still pressed. You can try talking to apple care on that issue. Tell them that you are facing this problem on your phone. It is a fault. You can get a fix for that and if you keep on getting the same issue then it means it is a faulty devices. You must ask for a replacement.

Re: iPhone 6 Volume button behaving badly

Before going to Apple care it is wroth if we can try out few troubleshooting stuff. From the software part. Backup your data and then try to reset the phone. Once done then try to check things back again. It is possible that the phone is freezing or not functioning well due to any app. After resetting the phone will have the default factory settings where you can check both the buttons. See that they are working fine or not. If they work then it means the issue is with with some app that you are using. You have to manually find that. You can take instant backup through iTunes before going ahead with factory restore.