Thread: Apple Touch ID fingerprint security for using Apple Pay

Apple Touch ID fingerprint security for using Apple Pay

Apple introduced the new Touch ID fingerprint reader in iPhone 5S. And first this was for locking and unlocking the home screen. Other than password and pin lock this touch id thing allow a good fingerprint to lock things. But now in the new iPhone 6 this might be used for the authentication purpose also. That means to make payments of things we are going to buy and using Apple Pay for payment. I want to know that is this thing secure enough to use. I hope this will help. I want to load a some cash in it and I will use it in shopping malls. I had seen a few logos of Apple Pay. In this the security thing is only fingerprint. That's it.

Re: Apple Touch ID fingerprint security for using Apple Pay

A few reports on web suggested that Touch ID fingerprint reader is not completely secure. It is not at all recommended to keep confidential data in your phone. Because it is easy for someone to trick the phone and unlock it. It is found on iPhone 5S. The Touch ID fingerprint reader only needs your fingerprint for unlocking. And your finger imprints are already there on the button or on various things. With simple stuff those fingerprints can be re-generated. I think compare to that password protection is lot more secure. That is not easy guessable by anyone. But in terms of fingerprint it can be a bit risky.

Re: Apple Touch ID fingerprint security for using Apple Pay

No security is a 100% secure. There are some flaws on the same. It looks Apple will have to add eye scanner in the phone and then it can be a 100% secure way of dealing with security issues. It is just a smartphone. I do not think you really need some very high security on that. For payment you can test out by keeping a small amount in Apple Pay. It is just started and there are few shops that are accepting the payment. I am using my credit card mostly with to step verification process. I get a message instantly about the same and it helps me a lot to find out what all transactions are done. This things are going to take time to get useful.