Thread: Windows 7 is unable to detect usb speaker

Windows 7 is unable to detect usb speaker

My friend has a nice portable speaker that has Bluetooth and usb connectivity. It has a usually Bluetooth paring mode through which I can use that in the mobile phone. But it also has a micro usb port and when I am trying to connect that to my pc it is not working. I am connecting the speaker to my pc through that usb port but it remains undetected. I am quiet sure most of this speakers works like this. But it is not. I want some help to make this thing work. There must be some way of using the same. It is not written anywhere in the speaker manual about using it on the pc through usb. Does I need any software for the same.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to detect usb speaker

It will only work if there is a usb audio support on the same. Or else it wont work. You have to simply try finding out the driers for that. First search for the speaker model on the web and see that it has a support for usb audio or not. If not then it wont work. Most of this portable speakers comes with usb for charging only. They are not having any audio support on the same. Just check that you have any 3.5mm audio jack on it. If yes then you can get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and use it on the pc. It will work. I have s portable speaker which I use through that and it works well. Try updating the usb audio drivers also which might help.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to detect usb speaker

No it is not going to work. This speakers are having this portable usb jack only for charging. It wont simply offer you any audio output from the same. You have to try using the audio port. Most of the portable speaker comes with a audio jack. There is one more way of using the speaker on your pc, you can try buying a usb to 3.65mm audio adapter and that will work. There are ample of them in the market and most of them are cheap. You just have to connect them to the usb port and you can pair the speaker with the pc and done. It will work. It will give you a decent audio output but not from limited range.