Thread: Is is true that DataWind will be release the cheapest smartphone

Is is true that DataWind will be release the cheapest smartphone

I got a news in a mail that DataWind is working on a smartphone that will cause around Rs. 2000. This would be probably a android smartphone. But there is no clear information about the same. I had tired looking around on the web for the model and features, but I am not able to find anything. They has already worked on the cheapest tablet which was quiet a hit and now they are on the smartphone part. I want to know that new features this budget smartphone is going to bring. I hope this will have something better because we are already having many models that are good enough for daily usage.

Re: Is is true that DataWind will be release the cheapest smartphone

It is true that Datawind is really working on a budget android smartphone. And the cost will be around Rs.2000. But there is no information about the same. The smartphone in the process of launching soon and there is one additional thing on the same. Datawind will be releasing one goodie with the smartphone. They are planing to release a free lifetime Internet access on the same. There is no clear detail with which telecom provider they are tying up but soon it will be in the news. We hope to get a bit good mobile here. Because with free lifetime Internet access it will be easier to use the phone and there is nothing to pay for mobile data.

Re: Is is true that DataWind will be release the cheapest smartphone

The phone will be a budget device, and entry level one. So do not expect much from that. It will be having 3.5 inch size which is not very big in size. And when it comes to net usage you at-least need a 4inch or higher screen. And for the telecom thing, they are tying up with BSNL. It is true that they are going to give its users a free lifetime internet solution. I hope this would be some kind of good news for any users who are looking for a budget pone. With this they are also in the process of giving out some tablets. So there will be around 8 device total to be coming out. And all of them will be cheaper.