Thread: Things I should do before making payments through mobile

Things I should do before making payments through mobile

I want to use my android phone for making payments. I am having HTC Desire 816 with 3G internet connection. I am having a account in HDFC bank and I had also installed the app in the device. But yet I had not used it for making payment or for doing anything else. I just want to know that I am quiet following the right steps for this thing. I had seen a lot of articles on the web that says android is not safe to use for banking stuff. I want some help here to make this thing more secure. So what kind of steps can I take to make payment more secure. I want to keep my password saved in the phone. and if I lose my mobile what things can be done to avoid any transaction.

Re: Things I should do before making payments through mobile

You can do that if you are not rooted your phone. You have to use apps from trusted sources only. Do not load your phone with free apps and games. This mostly comes with malware. And I would not advice you to keep password save in your phone. Because if it is lost then anyone can use it for making transaction. It is good you must go with manual login and 2 step verification. Different banking apps are quiet sure to use. I use SBI app on my phone to transfer money. I do not use it for making payment. For payment there is another secure way. You can try using a wallet type app. They carry very less charges. You can load money on that and call the customer care to block your transaction if the phone is lost.

Re: Things I should do before making payments through mobile

It is not recommended to use android for major transaction. Like if you have to transfer money or make payments then I do not really recommend to go for this. I found Windows tablet more better. Buy one that has encryption features. It will protect your data more and it wont allow anyone to access your files also. You must use a powerful locking software. So that if someone tries to unlock it, the device must wipe out all the data automatically. There are this kind of features available for android also, but for that you have to use third party applications. And this can be easily bypass through pc.