Thread: Jailbreaking iPhone 4 with Cydia Installer

Jailbreaking iPhone 4 with Cydia Installer

I found Cydia Installer on web. And I had downloaded this application. After installation I am not able to find any option in it which can help me to jailbreak my device. I had re-downloaded this from a different site and I am able to find the options. I just want to know that is it safe to use this application for jail breaking my old iPhone 4. I want to do this to install a few third party apps which are not working in the phone. I tried moving the file directly in the phone storage which remains hidden. After reading on the web I found that this app will only work if I jail break my device.

Re: Jailbreaking iPhone 4 with Cydia Installer

Yes you can use this. But you have to use that on your own risk. Jail-breaking is a risky process that does not work well if you are using wrong applications. Your phone might crash or keep on rebooting if you do this with improper application. Instead you can find a more better application on the web with full process. And follow that. The installer that you are talking about is going to flash the device firmware. And if that is not done properly your phone can brick. It wont turn on. There are more applications that work in the same and works faster than this one. Just try out the same one before using this.

Re: Jailbreaking iPhone 4 with Cydia Installer

The best application for this purpose is iJailbreak Pro. It comes with minimum features for the jailbreak purpose. It is also quiet accurate. I am not sure if you go with the above one. I had used this app to jailbreak my friends iPhone and it works really well. It takes around 10 minutes hardly to jailbreak the phone. Ia m not sure whether the app is free or not but you can try finding out it on the web. I had used this long ago. The app has a few extra benefits. Like you can simply remove network restrictions through this. You can use any sim in your phone and it will work well. So this app has quiet beneficial then above one.