Thread: Kingston Wi Drive remains undetected on pc

Kingston Wi Drive remains undetected on pc

I am using Kingston Wi Drive for backup. I have a 16GB version that has a integrated wifi in it. I am unable to use that on a pc. When I connect I can see the green light glowing on it. It turns on and turns off but does not get stable. And the drive remains undetected in Windows. I had tried to reconnect it several time but it is not working. I am quiet sure there is some issue. This use to work well before but now it is not. I had given this drive to my friend how lost the cable and he gave me a different one. Just after that this issue occur. I do not really think this is a cable issue because the light turns on that means it is working.

Re: Kingston Wi Drive remains undetected on pc

Did you try using it on different ports. Instead of connecting to the front side you can connect it to the back of your pc where there are multiple usb ports. Just connect the external drive to the pc directly and then see whether it is working or not. I am quiet sure it will get detected and work. IF not then you have to check the drive on some other pc once. There are chances that your pc is not having updated usb drivers for the same. That is why you are getting the issue. You can download that from the web and install it. And if this also fails to work then the last option is to get a new cable.

Re: Kingston Wi Drive remains undetected on pc

It is not a driver fault nor there is any problem with the pen drive. It is the issue with the wii drive cable. You have to get the official one or else it wont work. Some usb cables are only for charging. So there are chances the one that you are using is for charging only. Replacing that will surely resolve the issue and you will be able to use it. The wii drive must have some way to transfer files through wifi. Kingston has not added any ftp support on that due to which you cannot simply transfer files on the same via wifi connection. In ftp you usually get the url which you have to type in My Computer to open it and to move files.