Thread: Wifi does not reconnect after sleep on Macbook

Wifi does not reconnect after sleep on Macbook

My Macbook is having 10.9 Mavericks. I am having a bit issue with wifi connectivity here. When I am not using the macbook I close the lid. And it goes in the sleep mode. After when I wake the system from sleep mode the wifi does not work. I have to try multiple attempts to connect the same and it keeps on failing. I hope there can be some way to resolve the issue. Is there any other way to fix this problem. I had tried reconnecting the same a number of time but it is not working. The wifi just disconnects and does not reconnection instantly. The wifi remains on 24x7 at my home. Other devices
    connects well to the same.

Re: Wifi does not reconnect after sleep on Macbook

Just for test try to restart the router first. If possible try to update the firmware and then try to reconnect. Sometime the issue can be from the router end also. In other devices like tablet or mobile phone, the device never goes in sleep mode. The screen is just turned off. In that the wifi remains connected all the time. You have to verify the router settings once. Also go in the energy saver settings of macbook. You can configure the same to avoid wifi issue. For the router you can also try changing the SSID once.

Re: Wifi does not reconnect after sleep on Macbook

Check for any latest software updates first. Try to install that which will add a bit more stability in using your system. Restarting the router will help you a bit in fixing the issue. It might be able to provide access to the system after sleep mode due to common connectivity issue. If the SSID is not available in the wifi section of your macbook then issue is from routers end. Remove the wifi connection and add it back again and then check it. It might start working. You can do that rom the System Preferences section by clicking on Network.