Thread: Poor battery life of Macbook Air

Poor battery life of Macbook Air

I am not happy with the battery life of Macbook Air. It is not as per my expectation.I thought once after full charging I can atleast use it for the entire
    day but this is very poor. Within 3 hours I have to connect the system to the charger. I bought this from my friend how has bought the same in year 2013. And the condition is quiet nice here. But the battery life is not so good as per my expectation. Is there a way through which I can boost the output. Inside mac there is no software that can tel me what is the issue with battery. Some kind of diagnostic tool. Replacement will be very costly.

Re: Poor battery life of Macbook Air

There can be many reason behind poor battery output. It can be due to a lot of application working in the background. Now there is a Energy Saver feature available in the mac that you can choose to boost the battery output. can find the same in system preference. Just go in the same and look for energy saver and see what output you are getting after that. You can use that to boost your device output a lot for further. Those macbook who has a dedicated video memory has lower batter compare to on-board one. That is because the hardware requires more power to work.

Re: Poor battery life of Macbook Air

You can try out a few things here to fix the battery issue. you can start with reducing the brightness of your macbook. And this will surely make the output better. Reduce the brightness to minimum. Keep it low and increase when you need it. You have to turn off the wifi and Bluetooth when you do not need it. So that a bit amount of battery life can be preserved. A lot of battery is wasted when this wireless stuff are working in the background. The last thing you have to do is get rid of peripherals that are attached to your system. Like usb, sd card or any other stuff.