Thread: Want some help to replace wifi adapter of Sony Vaio laptop

Want some help to replace wifi adapter of Sony Vaio laptop

I am having some issue with the wifi adapter of Sony Vaio laptop and I am thinking of changing the same. My laptop is out of warranty. I can find the compatible wifi adapter in eBay. But before ordering that I want to know that is it easy to replace or not. I am having the laptop manual that shows the process but I am finding hard to locate the same. I had done a bit of replacement before. I had changed the drive, but it is not easy for me to find the location of wifi adapter. I hoe this will be easy.

Re: Want some help to replace wifi adapter of Sony Vaio laptop

It is. The wifi adapter is located at the backside mostly. There is a square shape mark with single or double screw on the same. When you open that inside that lies the wifi adapter. It is easy to remove with simple pull. And then you can fit the new one. You have to unscrew the antenna first. And then you have to change that and screw the antenna back again. It is very simple to go for. The exact location can be found through the manual. And this is not the regular manual. I am talking about the service manual.

Re: Want some help to replace wifi adapter of Sony Vaio laptop

Yes you have to find the service manual in which you can find a full internal hardware setup of the laptop. And you can them easily open it and change it. In many laptop the wifi adapter is directly placed on the backside. You just have to open and remove the same. But if you are having doubtful about using the same then there is one more thing you can do. You can try using a external adapter. There are wifi usb adapters available that will allow you to connect to the internet. They are quiet cheaper compare to internal one.