Thread: How to find which usb will give me maximum data transfer rate

How to find which usb will give me maximum data transfer rate

I want to buy a 32GB pen drive and for that I want to find which one is having the fast data transfer speed. I am not able to figure out. I had seen so many drives and I had bought a 16Gb usb drive a few weeks ago. When I move around 10GB of data in that it takes around an hour to complete. I need a fast drive. I had tried locating some models but it is very hard to find. Does the usb has some kind of specification that can tell us that this one is going to give the maximum data transfer speed.

Re: How to find which usb will give me maximum data transfer rate

Yes mostly usb 3.0 drive are fast and good. They give you amazing data transfer speed and provide you a accurate output. Most of the transfer speed is marked on the package. Usb 2.0 are usually slow and it will hard for you to get more than 5 to 10mb/s of speed. It is good to go with usb 3.0 which are quiet cheaper nowadays. You can buy a good one from HP from the web and then test the same. IT also depend on your system what kind of port you are having. If you are having slow port then the speed will be slow.

USB 1.0, USB 2.0 connections are the half-duplex, meaning data flows in only one direction at a time.

USB 3 and Ethernet are full duplex and do meet expected transfer speeds better.

It is correct. I have a 32GB usb 3.0 pen drive. It is fast when I use it on the Usb 3.0 hub. But when I use it on the old one it is very slow. I am easily getting around 70mb/s of transfer speed that looks quiet enough to me. And if you need more faster storage solution then you can go with 3.0 external hard drive with dual usb connection on the same. Dual usb means a lot more faster speed and you can move gb's of data in less time Just checkout the different models of usb drive on the web.