Thread: Choosing a Windows 8 laptop on the basis of performance test

Choosing a Windows 8 laptop on the basis of performance test

I am trying to locate a good laptop model that has Windows 8 in it. And I want to buy the same on the basis of its performance test. I am quiet sure that in the shop those people does not use any tool to rate the laptops. They are kept open for public test. I want to know that how can I find which laptop is good. From hardware point of view all look same to me. And after buying what thing can keep the laptop performance better. Because it is common in windows. As the time goes on the system gets slower.

Re: Choosing a Windows 8 laptop on the basis of performance test

You can try to find the same through computer's base score. Windows has a Experience Index. But it is not created in one day. It is created by the application and games you are using on the device. It is not easy to find the laptop on the basis of performance rating. Because by default all calculate the output on the basis of cpu and ram the device has. Windows Experience Index tells how better the system is on the basic of rating. But it check only the application which are installed in the system. There is no central cloud storage for pulling reports.

There must be something like 3D Benchmark Test. This tool works on mobile and pc platform both. You can run a full benchmarking test on the same. But it has data on the basis of processor and graphic cards. Not by model. Windows Experience Index is something different. Rightnow the only way to find information is through the hardware it has. Like the latest generation Intel Core i series processor a good amount of ram and good hardware. It makes the system to perform well on different applications.

There are few things you can check before buying. When you are trying to buy a system try to look that it has a 64bit hardware. So the output can be a lot more better. In 32bit you have having ram limitation that is why you cannot use it properly. While in 64bit you have some good upgrade choices in future. Buy a system with high ram and dedicated video memory. This are the prime requirement when it comes to gaming. After buying you can rely on the operating system or on the software for making it working best. There are some internal things through which you can run maintenance.

There is one tiny thing that has always helped to use my system well when it is slow. It is called as ReadyBoost. This utility convert your flash drive to a virtual memory and offer you a lot more better output. You can turn this thing on and connect a pen drive or a external hard drive. And it will use a limited amount of space as memory. It increase the system output lot more. It is good for those system which has limited ram like 2GB. A 16GB pen drive can help it work faster. And if you are usb 3.0 device then speed is more better.

To keep your system performance good you can try using a troubleshooter. Windows 8 has some of them. There are two troubleshooting programs which you can use to make your system work faster. It will also help you to automatically fix several common issue that your system face and gets slow. The first one is Performance troubleshooter. This is located in System and Security. Just run this find out what all performance issues your system is facing. And the second one is System Maintenance troubleshooter. It is also located at the same place.