Thread: What things I can do to make Windows 8 work faster on a netbook

What things I can do to make Windows 8 work faster on a netbook

My dad has a net book that has windows 8 on the same and I do not think it is working so fine. It is quiet slow. It takes long time for Metro UI to appear on the screen. I am looking for some way through which I can speed up the system internally. I do not want to use a third party program for the same. Because they are just going to scan and remove unwanted files from the same. Other things are going to remain exactly the same. I hope there can some solution that I can go for. I am not able to locate any tool in Windows that can troubleshoot the slow performance automatically.

Re: What things I can do to make Windows 8 work faster on a netbook

Windows is not having any of those tools. Whatever you do, you have to do manually. You can start fixing the output by adjusting the visual effects. You can set that low through Control Panel\System and Security\System. There you can find a option to adjust the performance. This will make the menu outdated. Another thing you can do is adjust indexing options. That will also help. Indexing allow you to reduce your search time. But if you are not looking much in the hard drive then turning it off will help.

Re: What things I can do to make Windows 8 work faster on a netbook

For using Windows 8 you need atleast 4GB ram. So that all applications can perform well. A few thing you can try doing is running Disk Cleanup from time to time. This will wipe out the unwanted files making your system work a lot more better. There are some advanced system tools in windows 8 which will help you a lot in fixing the issue. You can use Event Viewer to find what detailed information on errors. You can go ahead using Disk Defragmenter that is also nice in improving hard drive output.