Thread: Sony Xperia Z2 back panel is loose

Sony Xperia Z2 back panel is loose

I recently bought a new Sony Xperia Z2 mobile phone. After using it for a while I noticed that the top right corner of the back panel of this phone constantly pops out every now and then. I have to press it back down again and again. So, I took it to the mobile repair shop and they told me that they will be able to replace the loose back panel but it will take 2-3 days for them to do that. Does anyone have any clue about this issue? Thanks

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 back panel is loose

Can you try to get some rubbee tube or a grease from any hardware store and then take a little and use it on the flaps rubber. I was also using this Sony Xperia Z2 phone but was quite disappointed with it. There was random freezes and self-restarts with this phone. Then there was also wifi issue on this model which made me lose all the confidence in Sony to give us a tough all round phone. The only best part in this phone is that it has a wonderful camera compared to most of the other brand of mobile phones.

Some of the Sony manufacturer have already noticed this issue on the Xperia Z2 gap. They have also told that they are aware of some users concern on the waterproofing capability of the Xperia Z2 due to the presence of gap(s) and are currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, users who wish to, may bring their Xperia Z2 to any service center to have our staff conduct a water resistant test. So take your phone immediately to a Service Center instead going to the mobile repair shop.

There are many people who have complained about this problem with the loose back panel on their Xperia Z2 phone. While for some other people the flaps was good and the back panel on the edges doesnt seem to pop up or to be misaligned with the edge. Some other people also said that when they pressed lightly on a few places then it felt like the back panel was loose and it will also output a small sound when pressed. In any case, it would be good if you send your device to the Sony service center for a repair.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's