Thread: Samsung Galaxy S Duos unable to move app to memory card

Samsung Galaxy S Duos unable to move app to memory card

There is some problem with Samsung Galaxy S Duos. I was checking out the internal storage where around 600mb is consumed by all apps and games. I have a 8Gb sd card with me. It is empty and has the maximum space in it. I had tried moving all the apps and games to sd card but it is not working. I want some help here. I went in the application manager where I tap on the app to move and in that there is no option like move to sd card. How to move this. I have some games. I hope this does not stop working.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S Duos unable to move app to memory card

Galaxy S Duos is not having that features. You have to use a third party app for moving the files in the SD card. For that you can use App2SD. Just install this from Google Play and launch the app. At the main screen you can see the list of applications. You have to add a tick on apps that you want to move and done. It will be transferred to the internal storage. In this way you can save a lot of space to move the apps in the memory card and it will work well. Just try this app if this does not work then there are ample of similar apps like this.

Do not overload your device with too many apps. You are using Galaxy S Duos. It does not has a good hardware and I am quiet sure your entire device will keep on freezing after that. It is good if you can simply go with few apps and keep the apk in the memory card. I had seen this device is not having any feature to move the installed game and apps in the memory card. Whatever you add will go in the internal storage. And to make app installation in the sd card you will have to root your phone.

This device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and the feature is not provided in this. You must have atleast jellybean OS to get that button. The only way to move app in the sd card is rooting the device. Without that things are not going to work. Rooting will make thing a lot more faster and better. There is very less to worry. You can take the risk and root your phone. And then you an use a custom rom that is based on Jellybean and the feature that you are looking for.