Thread: Taking backup of songs from old iPod

Taking backup of songs from old iPod

My friend has very old ipod in which there are some classic songs. I want to backup those on my windows pc. We tried to connect the ipod to the mac but iTunes is not detecting the same. This is something I was not expecting. I am using my ipod cable for the connection but it fails to works. I want those songs on my pc. I had tried finding them on web but it is not available. Is there a third party software available through which we can backup all the songs on the pc and use them.

Re: Taking backup of songs from old iPod

iTunes is the only thing through which you can backup your video and audio files. It will work. Just connect the ipod to the iTunes. If not then try to change the cable and test back. And if it is detected then click on sync. Through iTunes library you can pull out the songs and copy them in your pc. I think you have to covert those songs to mp3 which is the most common audio format in windows. Apple uses a very different type of audio file which you cannot play in windows media player.

Re: Taking backup of songs from old iPod

If you have a wifi version of iPod then you can upload those things on iCloud and then downland from there. There are some nice third party software which you can use for this purpose. You can use iPod Rip. A simple and easy to use software for windows to pull all the content from the device. You just have to connect the same to your pc and run the tool. It will simply pull all the content from the device and will copy that in your pc. And you can then use it. Just test this software once.