Thread: Fake sms app cause malware warning on android

Fake sms app cause malware warning on android

I was trying to install whatsapp on my tablet that does not has a sim. Whatsapp needs a mobile phone verification to use the same. So installed a fake sms application on the tablet. I found one on web. I am having Eset on the tablet. When I installed the same I got a malware warning which I ignored. The app was useless and it was not working at all. I removed that. I want to know that is it safe to use the tablet for banking purpose. I had ignored the warning so I want to know that does the virus still remain in the tab.

Re: Fake sms app cause malware warning on android

You will have to scan your tablet. You must never ignore this kind of warning. When you ignore you are just telling the antivirus to avoid checking that file. If something is left in the tablet, still I think the antivirus will not be able to detect that. You can try using some third party antivirus application and use them to scan your device. If they found any malware then this time just remove it. Do not go for banking stuff if things are not clear. There must be 0 warnings. You can also scan your tablet storage with your pc antivirus.

Re: Fake sms app cause malware warning on android

It is good to format the tablet and then install everything back again. Backup your important stuff first. Backup your images, and other files and keep them on a folder. Then run a full factory restore. Choose to format everything. Once it is done you can then try installing each and everything one by one and I am quiet sure this will be enough to resolve the issue. Android is the most vulnerable platform and it is quiet not safe to use credit cards or banking stuff on the same. It can be risky.